Votes: 12 50.0%
  • NO

Votes: 12 50.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent for info on earthroamer. Just got it today.

Holy crap not even if I had the money.

Earthroamer xv-jp pricing

estimated price of 2008 jeep wrangler unlim. rubicon $33,000
earthroamer camper and jeep mods. $77,000
base XV-JP befor opt. $110,000

Electronic opt.
upgraded 33" mrt's with beadlock aluminum wheels $4000.00
CB radio $ 500.00

deposite of $20,000.
Build start-progress payment due $50,000.
Final payment upon delivery $40,000.

I have seen alot of talk about them. I was intrested but apon seeing and reding this. In my opinion its not worth it AS A BOV.
Thought I would share what ive learned.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats my thinking. hell for pennys I can insulate a camper shell and put a heater in.

See i was really intrested but after this no. I was hoping I could convert my vehicle thats payed off. I dident see anything in the packet or on the site.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hit up Expeditionportal for more information on all things expedition related, unimogs, big trucks, domestic rigs all made for overland long distance travel
I agree and alot more people suggest them. I did this to point out the ecconamicale side of this vehicale. I figured I would share what I learned.
Those rigs are a better price and can be customized to fit your needs easier.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I didn't need anything I'd give to the poor. Someone has already voiced to me that it's stupid to do so, but at least I'm no fool in the long run. If you are really asking if I like the product, I have no idea. Hey, at least I'm honest!
I agree I would help those in need aswell. What I was asking I guess kind of retorical. I think the money could go to better things. I have seen in earlyer post about so want to find out more. I like the idea but the price is to far out there for my liking. I would use the money to buy land and build a cabin. Then drive my truck and wifes vehicle out.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think they're a great idea, as you can be pretty mobil and terrain wouldnt be too much of an issue. What is an issue, though, is the price! $208K is a bit much for the base price (I was looking at the ford truck as that is what we'd most likely get).

I think I'd rather outfit my current vehicle with what I'd need.

The Expedition website is great! Lots of good ideas. May I also suggest VanDwellers that has some ideas on how to convert vans into mobile home types.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Well if I had the money and didnt need anything else, what good would the money be? I have no qualms with charity but I wouldn't give everything I have away. Personally I would rather convert a small motor home to 4wd/ offroad than do it the way they do though, it would be much more efficient and practical in the long run. Even building on a known 4wd platform doesn't make for a good 4wd vehicle when you add all that weight to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To be honest, I don't find the price very surprising. A brand new van would cost 30 thousand about, with 4 wheel drive conversion, higher quality parts etc. would run into many tens of thousands. Especially since its starting with a cargo van never designed to leave the pavement so literally everything has to be upgraded I believe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.