Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Convicted Audiophile™
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
QE2 has stopped
Are you all still concerned about the pending hyper-inflation?
If so, what factors, currently, do you all think will cause upward inflationary price pressure?

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
QE2 has stopped
Are you all still concerned about the pending hyper-inflation?
If so, what factors, currently, do you all think will cause upward inflationary price pressure?
There HAS to be a QE3. It's inevitable. They're now commited to thier "kick the can down the road" battle-plan, and now they can't extricate themselves from it. ZERO chance.
Therefore, as to hyper-inflation,the discussion is merely academic.
Even without another round the curiously named "quantitative easing",tomorrow......next year....who cares..... we're still inevitably looking at hyper-inflation.
I think this is indisputable. :(

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
There HAS to be a QE3. It's inevitable. They're now commited to thier "kick the can down the road" battle-plan, and now they can't extricate themselves from it. ZERO chance.
Even without another round the curiously named "quantitative easing",tomorrow......next year....who cares..... we're still inevitably looking at hyper-inflation.
They are pushing for their $2 Trillion injection, then they are going to play "rate caps" on the treasuries to get them to the next election.

We might not get hyperinflation if Chinese inflation gets out of control, we might get a trade war, or a real one.

·
Registered
356 Posts
This is why I keep trying to get people to go read FOFOA's blog. He crystalizes the notion that the .gov has NO CHOICE but to keep doing what it does. Ultimately it MUST crash in hyperinflation. If you read his stuff, you will see well respected economics writers convinced by his material. Hard core deflationists are waking up.

·
Prepared Firebird
3,842 Posts
Are you kidding with that question???

Have you bought any groceries, lately?? And do you really think that gasoline won't go back up to four bucks a gallon and higher??

I just got my 6-month auto insurance billing in the mail. Monthly premium has increased by ten bucks, which is a $120 annual increase. I have a perfect driving record and have never filed a claim with this company. So, what's the reason for the hefty increase......other than greed by insurance companies.

But........nah.......there is no chance of unchecked inflation and constant price increases on everything. LOL

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Link plz? :)
Never heard of FOFA:eek::
I don't read the economic collapse blogs in general
The ones with the gold ads strewn about.....:cool:
FOFOA

Take a week off from work to read all of the material. Even then you may not absorb it all. It's pretty deep stuff, and probably won't make much sense on it's first read through... at least that was my experience.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
Stock market has been climbing for no apparent reason. The creation of this funny wealth will be followed by real pain at the cash register.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Stock market has been climbing for no apparent reason. The creation of this funny wealth will be followed by real pain at the cash register.
The US government has equity funds that funnel money directly into the stock markets.

They can pretty much support any stock they want.

·
Registered
939 Posts
if you combine the funded and unfunded liabilities that our government currently hods, it's something like $64 trillion.

if you taxed every penny from every person on the planet; rich, poor and everybody else in between...... it would equal $60 trillion.

there is no way to pay back what we owe.... it will collapse.

·
Sam Adams was right....
9,381 Posts
The US government has equity funds that funnel money directly into the stock markets.

They can pretty much support any stock they want.
Yup.. as long as the Fed continues to expand its balance sheet... which no has yet to see... :D:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts