Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is very rare for me to make any political comment anywhere, because I am apolitical, but I saw this news article just now and I am *stunned*. I suppose more detail and a couple of days time will put it in a more sensible light, but.....

At a time when pensioners are eating dog-food and sleeping rough, when kids are homeless on our streets, when there is likely a world recession looming, and Australians are losing their homes - what is the Gubberment thinking even considering it? I say NO to this.

http://www.bigpond.com/news/breaking/content/20081126/2430600.asp

Govt 'considering $3b crisis loan to Indonesia'

November 26, 2008 - 5:26PM
Source: ABC

The Federal Government is considering a request from Indonesia for emergency financial support to cope with the global financial crisis.
The Opposition asked the Government in Parliament today if it is thinking of lending Indonesia more than $3 billion.
Treasurer Wayne Swan says the Government has received a request from Indonesia.
He says it is another sign of the impact the financial crisis is having on developing nations.
"That request is currently before the Australian Government, it is receiving our thorough consideration and if a decision is taken it will be reported in a transparent way to the the Australian Parliament," he said.

© 2008 Australian Broadcasting Corporation

ABC Disclaimer

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Australia and Asia are considered one territory, under the NWO considerations, which are nearly in place.Look what they have done to Europe, and what they are doing to America.
We will not be an isolated island to them, just one state amongst new Zealand and Asia.
I have seen this many times over the past few years,where Australia has been asked for money from Indonesia and been granted.
I call it capital B R I B E.the political relationship between Aust and Ind. has always been hot /cold, as the leaders attempt talks to gain more NWO control.
And dont worry, if it,s news it has already been decided anyway.
I am rather concerned about Rudd wanting 1 million immigrants come to our lucky country this next three 1/2 years.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I do not support this at all Indonesia is a very corrupt country. ive got relatives and freinds that have served in indonesia as peace keepers. the stories ive heard lead me to the idea that indonesia can sit on a watermellon.

expecailly at this time of an economic cysis all we would be doing is ensuring the corrupt leaders live in luxury for a few more years

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree farmerswife, Australia is being milked and bilked. I am always wary of living in a relative paradise just south of the largest Muslim country on earth. The religion bit is irrelevant to a degree, but it helps to define a hugely cohesive population, which may be looking for more space. I initially dismissed all talk of NWO as hype, now I am only convinced that "I don't know what I don't know", if you follow me. <shivers>

Australia and Asia are considered one territory, under the NWO considerations, which are nearly in place.Look what they have done to Europe, and what they are doing to America.
We will not be an isolated island to them, just one state amongst new Zealand and Asia.
I have seen this many times over the past few years,where Australia has been asked for money from Indonesia and been granted.
I call it capital B R I B E.the political relationship between Aust and Ind. has always been hot /cold, as the leaders attempt talks to gain more NWO control.
And dont worry, if it,s news it has already been decided anyway.
I am rather concerned about Rudd wanting 1 million immigrants come to our lucky country this next three 1/2 years.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thorny issue. If Indonesia goes down then the political vacuum gets filled by the extremists, something we don't want on our doorstep. The moderates are only just hanging on to power. Then again I doubt if 3 billion will be anything like enough and in that case better off spending the money elsewhere. And of course if the budget is going into deficit next year then what this really means is that we'd be borrowing the money from someone else and then 'lending' that to the Indos. PNG and a stack of other Pacific nations are going to be seriously hurting soon and we can't bail them all out.

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
From my own background experience, all of the issues posted on this thread are correct.
Corruption and political football is rife, it will only be for the elite, a great proportion of indonesia's population life a susbsistance lifestyle with little or no help from their government, mostly foriegn aid and charity groups.
$3 bn bailout funds for a country the size of indonesia is a drop in the bucket, just enough for bribes and foriegn bank accounts, not where it is needed.

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
Years ago, (can't disclose my source) there were talks to form an Asia Pacific economic blok much the same as the EU, including the use of a common currency.

·
Bratach Bhan Chlann Aoidh
1,366 Posts
They should spend the money equipping everyone over the age of 30 with AK 47s and enough ammo to make a difference. Heck we could probably buy them from the indos....... then everyone would be happy. LOL

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're spot on Hill Walker. And, why would Indonesia not approach the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for a loan, like other countries?

Indonesia gets the loan from Aust, they win, we lose out. Australia refuses, they still win because they get to score anti-Indonesian prejudice points against us (to be used in the future).

Thorny issue. If Indonesia goes down then the political vacuum gets filled by the extremists, something we don't want on our doorstep. The moderates are only just hanging on to power. Then again I doubt if 3 billion will be anything like enough and in that case better off spending the money elsewhere. And of course if the budget is going into deficit next year then what this really means is that we'd be borrowing the money from someone else and then 'lending' that to the Indos. PNG and a stack of other Pacific nations are going to be seriously hurting soon and we can't bail them all out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts