Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Bug-In Prepper
1,314 Posts
I'm still leaning on the belief that if you acquired antibodies through infection, it'll handle any variances.
It doesn't seem so:

"Populations that have high 'natural' immunity are getting re-infected. It doesn't look like natural infection will protect us for long"

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
7,982 Posts
Burning up to 30,000 bodies a day in parks and streets..the curve shows the Ivermectin treatment started dropping the case curve but after the shots the curve climbed rapidly..getting bad and they did the shots 6 weeks before us..so,4 weeks and change before we see if their cause is gonna be our cause..

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Are things getting real now, or are the numbers coming out of India just BS? We all know this Covid thing is just like getting a bad cold, right? We all know masks don't work, vaccines are just some nefarious plan for mind control. Time to let nature run it's course in India and the US. No government response needed.

·
Bug-In Prepper
1,314 Posts
A "bad cold" that kills 2% of those infected, more if your healthcare system runs out of bottled oxygen. Sure.

Not that anything could convince conspiracy-loving covid-deniers of that.

I don't trust "government responses" any further than I can throw them, but when people are too deeply dysfunctional to do the right things themselves, sometimes interventions are better than nothing.

(And yes, even suggesting such a thing makes me feel dirty)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
. It's what they don't say or intentionally omit that gives me pause. Brother do you think 🤔 it's possible that China , Russia , Iran , and possibly Pakistan and Turkey along with a few others are working in concert. Lord knows they've never been given a better opportunity.
I don't think so for multiple reasons.
Intergovernmental jealousies and International constraints would prevent such an alliance.
Plus such level of cooperation would also come about only if other forms of similar cooperation existed, to whit it does not.

What me is thinking falls into two distinct camps, with one though seemingly part of the black helicopter conspiracy theories has some level of legitimacy.

1: That there is genuinely a variant that has done the unthinkable and mutated to a "Captain Tripps" level straine. Not to say yes or no either way, but assuming that this is in fact what is happening then there is a the distinct possibility that a multi-billion population area has enough variation in population to allow such a mutation, then all bets are off.

This works from the predicate that viruses mutate in every human to a tiny degree. That being the RNA injection into the cellular body causes the cell to turn INTO the virus (to whit this novel coronavirus is famous for) and thus the children of these virus bugs are slightly different from the parent. That somewhere along the line in the many billions of people in India, that such a mutation did in fact occur. It is not beyond possibility nor probability in any way and God said, TIME!

2: The more conspiratorial side of me says there is a very distinct possibility that this new 'strain" may have been re-engineered to be more virulent and deadly as a result, took the most populous nation (outside of China mind you) and sprayed the virus in an otherwise un-suspecting population.

This is supposed by two things:
a) That China and India are not on good terms. Way too much bad blood and China knowing that India has a large population that could be conscripted into military service at any time would be debilitated instantly when their highly constrained and socially unique population (to whit most are within clustered cities) would be susceptible, and voila.

b) Any host of world players (I do not put the US outside of the realm of suspects mind you) saw an opportunity for "population control" knowing that 1.38 Billion people in an area of 1.27 million sq. miles (1/3 the size of the US) is eating up ALOT of resources and wants to "level the field" a bit. But if you have such a population that is exposed and the latency of the disease is such that by the time it is discovered, that it has already spread, your answer is: start with the highest probability of spread.
This is part of statistical analysis that you start with the larger population of the analysis first and work your way down.
If the numbers don't jive then you change the hypothesis.

3: The possibility that some yet unidentified player took the strain and in a backwoods makeshift lab, made a nasty version and decided for whatever reason bring about Judgement day.

·
Registered
12,359 Posts
It doesn't seem so:

"Populations that have high 'natural' immunity are getting re-infected. It doesn't look like natural infection will protect us for long"

If they had "high natural immunity"....
How do they get infected the first time?

And now they are being RE-INFECTED?

Sounds to me like the INDIVIDUALS didn't have a high natural immunity, no matter what the people around them had.

Complete message shaping in the media...NOTHING means what they say it does.

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
7,982 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I have a friend who lives in New Delhi. He is having great difficulty coping right now. It's really bad there.

Direct flights from India will be restricted starting tomorrow, but every flight that has been coming in has had infected passengers on it. All of the planes coming into Canada had 50+ people infected with Covid so Canada has already stopped the flights. In recent days, they added extra direct flights from India, coming into JFK airport in NYC, because of the coming restrictions. I think Biden should have restricted flights weeks ago. This Indian variant could be really bad.

·
Bug-In Prepper
1,314 Posts
We've been told since day one that "natural immunity" and "herd immunity" didn't exist due to the fast mutations.

Why don't they make up their minds?
First, natural immunity is less effective against some of the new mutations than the vaccines, so it's not an either-or matter.

Second, effectiveness is not the only factor. "Natural immunity" requires getting infected, which runs a 2% chance of death and a 75% chance of long-term inflammation-related organ damage in the 98% who survive infection. The vaccines provide immunity without those risks.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
First, natural immunity is less effective against some of the new mutations than the vaccines, so it's not an either-or matter.

Second, effectiveness is not the only factor. "Natural immunity" requires getting infected, which runs a 2% chance of death and a 75% chance of long-term inflammation-related organ damage in the 98% who survive infection. The vaccines provide immunity without those risks.
False analogy.

the 'vaccines' are not vaccines by definition.
we have beaten that horse to death.
but it is providing a RESPONSE aspect that hold off the virus.

The 'vaccines" have only been out a short time, but moreover any kind of "Captain Tripps" mutation would have to be highly substantial. Something that allows the virus to go completely unhinged int he body with little or no response from the body as a result.
thus making the 'strain": the possibility of a new version all together.
It's simply not how viruses work.

Second is the now piling up cases adverse effects from the vaccines.

Now I am not trying to stop anyone from doing anything. But the story simply doesn't jive with what we know about viruses. They simply don't behave the way the media is reporting. So IMO there is something else afoot.

·
Registered
12,359 Posts

OK. But they told us last year that natural immunity wasn't going to be a thing.

I'm not saying either-or. I'm saying NEITHER.

And I'm not at all confident that the vaccines are effective, nor that they are safer than just getting Covid. I know plenty of people that had it...zero issues. I know only a few that required hospitalization, and they all say they were told it's their genetic makeup that made them so vulnerable.

And that is also why I think your 75% chance of organ damage is complete BS. I'm not saying you made it up...I'm saying it's BS media massaged numbers.

Another thing about the genetic thing...that's how nature evolves a population. Kill off the ones that carry a certain gene or lack a certain trait, and those that are left are stronger in general.

Sucks to be the one that loses the lottery. But that's life. We can only keep people alive, despite nature, for so long.

·
Bug-In Prepper
1,314 Posts
OK. But they told us last year that natural immunity wasn't going to be a thing.
And they were right, as India is demonstrating now. Populations which had achieved herd immunity from the original virus are getting slammed by this new variant.

The vaccines train the immune system to key on a protein which is less likely to mutate without compromising the virus' ability to infect, so they are the better solution.

And that is also why I think your 75% chance of organ damage is complete BS. I'm not saying you made it up...I'm saying it's BS media massaged numbers.
I don't trust media either, but there are plenty of doctors who are studying the effect and publishing studies about it:

I'm not a doctor, but I've been reading medical journals for about fifteen years to get a handle on my wife's disease (and have enough organic chemistry background to understand some of it), and have developed a fair sense for whether an article was published in bad faith (and oh boy are some published in bad faith).

My impression is that most studies published about the coronavirus are published in good faith. Medical researchers are taking it very, very seriously, and that's one of the reasons I'm deeply skeptical of the conspiracy theories making the rounds about the coronavirus.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts