Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
"stay angry at the new president for a day, then shift focus, trust that you'll survive even a worst-case scenario. "

This 'tip' shows the foolish arrogance of americans today. If you are still alive, its really not the worst case scenario, is it? It shows how people, even ones talking about surviving, cannot even imagine things getting bad enough in America that anyone's life would be in danger. That's sheeple thinking. hope for the best, prepare for the worst. and i mean the actual worst.

·
Registered
816 Posts
How come I only read/counted six??
the article is kind of a cop out, and wants you to buy the book to see the other 6

"For more truly inspiring stories, please read Gonzales' "Deep Survival," especially the remaining six "Rules of Adventure" about:

How "even in the worst circumstances, survivors find something to enjoy, some way to play and laugh"
How survivors see the beauty of the world even "in the face of mortal danger"
How they are so convinced they'll survive, the "fear of dying falls away, and a new strength fills them with the power to go on"
How survivors "engage their crisis almost as an athlete engages a sport," entering the "zone" that is a "resignation without giving up. It is survival by surrender"
How survivors "do whatever's necessary" much as the "cancer patient allows herself to be nearly killed by chemotherapy in order to live"
How a survivor never, never gives up, because nothing is impossible"

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the article is kind of a cop out, and wants you to buy the book to see the other 6

"For more truly inspiring stories, please read Gonzales' "Deep Survival," especially the remaining six "Rules of Adventure" about:

How "even in the worst circumstances, survivors find something to enjoy, some way to play and laugh"
How survivors see the beauty of the world even "in the face of mortal danger"
How they are so convinced they'll survive, the "fear of dying falls away, and a new strength fills them with the power to go on"
How survivors "engage their crisis almost as an athlete engages a sport," entering the "zone" that is a "resignation without giving up. It is survival by surrender"
How survivors "do whatever's necessary" much as the "cancer patient allows herself to be nearly killed by chemotherapy in order to live"
How a survivor never, never gives up, because nothing is impossible"
sorry, in reading through it quickly i thought it was pretty encouraging, just the type of good attitude you must have to survive.

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
sorry, in reading through it quickly i thought it was pretty encouraging, just the type of good attitude you must have to survive.
I think you are right, the better your attitude you have the better off you are going be.

There are many possible catastrophic events that could change your world,
and the more open minded you are and with a positive outlook
the better to adapt and overcome adversity.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Sounds like more of that hope and spare change osamabama was spoutin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts