Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Has anybody witnessed or been told about anything occuring that would cause you to increase your armed security posture?

What have you done?

What would you plan to do?

Long gun in vehicle? Open carrying sidearm at home? BOBs ready to depart? Adding motion lights or remote cameras?

Just curious what our members plan to do IF civil unrest and/or unchecked crime begins to expand over the next few days/weeks/months.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Taking some extra time to make sure all doors/windows are locked in the evening and all buildings (garage/barn) are secure each evening. Keeping an eye on any vehicles taking extra time driving by. I live in a quiet area of NH, so not generally a threat here, but I'm more aware than normal. All fire arms are still locked in safe but thinking about bringing them out for cleaning and inventory with ammo this weekend, just in case.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9,245 Posts
I already had a camera security system in place but I did install a motion sensor light and I loaded my BP pistol and keep it close by.

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,250 Posts
Increased security posture due to the outbreak?

I am not sure but I am guessing that "Outbreak" must refer to my Grizzly Bears escaping their dens, and cavorting in my yard. That being the case, yes I do elevate security around mid March which is when my Grizzlies start showing up. I must admit that I am impressed that you knew of this, few people do....:thumb::thumb:

Security can range up to and including .458 Winchester Magnum.......but generally most inconveniences can be successfully resolved with the "Little" .375 Holland & Holland....:eek:

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
Out of an abundance of caution, I'm still the same as I've been for decades.

There was a grocery store shooting in town this week. But it wasn't related to anything like a fight over TP. Someone started shooting cars in the parking lot then the monitor at the store entrance. A random guy out shopping tackled the shooter and an off duty sheriff arrested him.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all who responded so far.

We live a single access private road with eight houses, but two of those are expensive rental/AirBnB locations. No events in our immediate area have occurred to raise the threat level yet, but who knows what will come. Town is just a few minutes away. I know that three of the houses are gun owners, but am questionable to doubtful on the other residents.

This weekend will definitely see an increase in security, with some motion lights and detectors. All of the recently supplemented preps will be organized and secured out of sight.

I pocket carry at all times, and have ensured at least duty sidearm and one long gun is immediately available. I also picked-up a couple of the ~600 lumen Maglights for outside duty.

·
Registered
944 Posts
As long as the grocery stores remain open and stocked, and the ebt cards keep working for the "needy" then I will conduct business as usual. If that infrastructure should happen to collapse. Then yes, it is time to raise the security status and react accordingly. Things may start to get a bit sporty around town.

·
Forum Administrator
5,831 Posts
OCed a full sized pistol on my trip to town yesterday. (Normal for me)

Took an AR in the truck, not normal for me.
Like this^^ Just a step up from normal. No posturing just increasing options.

However, I did add locks to my spare fridge/freezer sitting on my deck. Not worried yet but, I am not giving freebies in the dark of night. ;)

·
Cross-eyed Target Shooter
1,231 Posts
The REAL test will be after the 1st of next month. Let's see if the EBT cards and checks come through. And what the entitlement species will do. They are already acting up in cities such as Baltimore, LA, Detroit and others.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Let's just say I've..."come out of the closet" so to speak. And dresser drawers. And gun safes.
Same here. We've depended on Mossberg 500's within arms reach of the where we sleep. We have some pistols and .22s for critters and such laying ready by our doors.

But just a few days ago we broke out some magazines and uncased our ARs. They're ready to go in areas we know we can get to them in a moment's notice.

We carry concealed doing yardwork and such, just like we normally do. That's not for invaders, but hogs and snakes and whatnot. Now, I guess invaders can be a concern.

I'm still more afraid of rattlers and ****ed off wild hogs, for now.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Mostly just an increase in situational awareness.

I am reassessing on a daily basis.
This, but also carrying more, even around the house some. Also assessing where I need to have firearms in the house for quick access. I intend to pack one of my AR's with me on an upcoming road trip to family I need to make. Not done that before, but won't hurt to have it.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I normally have a 9mm bedside, a .357 in view of the front and back door and my carry weapon wherever I put it down. Have added a few more for quicker availability.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just heightened situational awareness. If they leave the liquor stores shut down for much longer I'm a little concerned about frayed nerves and tempers when some folks start to run out.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts