Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1 million looters destroyed our entire state supply chain on Monday by first mobbing grocery stores then malls then warehouses.
Today another warehouse 10 miles from me is being looted as I type. This is about the 2 hundredth warehouse being hit.

Last night was relatively calm, no alerts on neighborhood watches , but I think its the calm before the storm. People have about 5 days food and stores are empty. I see no trucks coming in.

The joke going round is that Our Army has the best camouflage in the world - nobody can see them.

This article i wrote describes the situation we are in.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Good luck! Thanks, too, for the 'heads up.' it's telling that your SHTF scenario isn't so much international war, environmental calamity, or natural disaster, but an internal uprising from 'within.'

I maintain our severe problems here in the future will be of a similar nature, additionally we have outside pressure from detractors and enemies such as CCP and the Soviet Union that seek to further weaponize and take advantage of concepts and choices we, here, make such as 'Diversity™' for the sake of diversity and 'equality' as an outcome in lieu of merit.

Our weaknesses are the same as yours. There is no 'fixing' a lack of self discipline, low IQ, a propensity towards violence, an absence if inquisitiveness, lack of foresight and effect, and superstition.

I don't like to have to make this 'racial' but here in the US, at least, it sure appears to be, the BLM peaceful sign carriers seem mostly white but the looters and arsonists primarily, to an overwhelming degree, black.

I'm open to another shared defining characteristic....

·
Wildlife Proctologist
2,398 Posts
That’s a good article. My short term fear for the people is at what point do they run out of local businesses to loot and start attacking individuals. The long term fear is when or if the stores can reopen and supplies can start flowing. I pray for you and the non-looters to be safe and able to protect and feed your families.

·
Registered
912 Posts
As to the article you wrote, it seems that the basic premise is that you must live your life while attempting to protect yourself from the general population which is unstable to put it mildly. You speak of armoring the supply chain, trying to armor everything as if you can live under the threat of constant flare ups of societal madness. This is untenable, you cannot survive long-term in that manner. You will eventually be worn down and overrun without assistance from some outside source, which you are not likely to receive given the political climate of the world now.

Looking to the inevitable future, you have few choices, few viable choices at this point. You stay and attempt to adapt to your siege mentality, and eventually die. You go to war to gain dominance politically and militarily, but you cannot, for you are too weak, outnumbered. The time to have made that choice is long gone, the opportunity squandered by weak leadership. You can leave, but it seems that is not a choice you want to make, and as you have said, you cannot do so now, perhaps later.

Hope can be a delusion, a deadly delusion.

Good luck, I regret through my grinding teeth that my country's leadership consists of Neo-Marxists now, and will offer no help to you at all, as a matter of fact they will most likely welcome your demise.

·
Registered
570 Posts
As to the article you wrote, it seems that the basic premise is that you must live your life while attempting to protect yourself from the general population which is unstable to put it mildly. You speak of armoring the supply chain, trying to armor everything as if you can live under the threat of constant flare ups of societal madness. This is untenable, you cannot survive long-term in that manner. You will eventually be worn down and overrun without assistance from some outside source, which you are not likely to receive given the political climate of the world now.

Looking to the inevitable future, you have few choices, few viable choices at this point. You stay and attempt to adapt to your siege mentality, and eventually die. You go to war to gain dominance politically and militarily, but you cannot, for you are too weak, outnumbered. The time to have made that choice is long gone, the opportunity squandered by weak leadership. You can leave, but it seems that is not a choice you want to make, and as you have said, you cannot do so now, perhaps later.

Good luck, I regret through my grinding teeth that my country's leadership consists of Neo-Marxists now, and will offer no help to you at all, as a matter of fact they will most likely welcome your demise.
To your point re: Biden and his Marxist handlers, we have another Communist uprising developing in Cuba. It will be telling and interesting too how our faux administration handles that: so far no help nor refuge but the gates are swung open for Mexico and the contiguous. Already the WH position is it's Cuban 'mismanagement,' not Communism that's the problem, first they tried to blame it on a lack of Chinese Virus jabs.

Older Hispanics that know of Cuban Communism are slowly gaining traction among the younger Hispanics and luckily they are seeing the horrible effects of Communism.

I really doubt more people are becoming Dims, their 'loyalty' and philosophy was already 'baked in.' Every day, and every mistake and stupid short sighted things Biden and Co. do, drives more people to the Conservative camp. There just aren't more people waking up and becoming liberals.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
First prayers to everyone affected in SA. You folks are getting kicked in the crotch repeatedly on this and you need relief.

Secondly, don't regret. You got hurt badly here, and like most of the world from the early 20th century to today, took life for granted.

So time to pick up, and make plans.
Regardless of those plans or the end result, remember that there is a way out of every hole. Now you start working to protect what is yours.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please this is not a racist thing. Please let's not cast blame on races we have enough racial tensions.

It's an opportunistic thing.

My brother spoke to his employees to see if they had food, and they responded that they had plenty of food, but in their minds, they hadn't stolen anything, the store was open, there was no one in attendance, and they only took food, not cell phones and TV's, taking cell phones and TVs in their mind would be stealing. I have met these guys they are good guys.

If you or I were in a survivalist situation and we hunted an animal on someone else's land we would feel justified in taking that animal for food, and yet it's stealing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the advice given most of it aligns!
I feel bad leaving family and friends, my wife feels concerned for her parents and brother ,we offered for them to come but they are hopeful things will normalise

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Please this is not a racist thing. Please let's not cast blame on races we have enough racial tensions.

It's an opportunistic thing.

My brother spoke to his employees to see if they had food, and they responded that they had plenty of food, but in their minds, they hadn't stolen anything, the store was open, there was no one in attendance, and they only took food, not cell phones and TV's, taking cell phones and TVs in their mind would be stealing. I have met these guys they are good guys.

If you or I were in a survivalist situation and we hunted an animal on someone else's land we would feel justified in taking that animal for food, and yet it's stealing.
To that end:

No its NOT a racial thing. There are those who WANT that, but it a culmination of many multiple decades of missed opportunities,. graft, fraud, etc.

My heart is in deep pain because of what is happening especially to the all the black folk there who are actually innocent of this or who are trying to just stay alive! They are the ones most impearled by this.

It just kills me that the hate still persists.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think this comment is very true.
That's what I'm seeing playing out in front of me. Fortunately, my wife and children are adventurous so I have to walk a fine line between scaring them into getting in the car and leaving the comfort of our home (as I write this life is fine, all quiet, looters gone home to eat , drink and watch TV), I have fuel in one vehicle - here's a lesson learnt: have one diesel and one gas (petrol) vehicle because today I could get diesel but not petrol so i parked off the petrol car and used the diesel one.

It is much more easy to stay put.
But i don't see trucks bringing more food into the city and i don't see police and military anywhere. I went right into the township today and people are friendly, its all quiet.
But what happens next week?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It just kills me that the hate still persists.
I don't think this is true of 99 percent of the people.
Today while helping my friend Pete sort through the remains of his block-yard, a man drove in (yes the gate was stolen) with his pickup and asked if he could take some of the gravel that the looters didn't take. Pete thought about it for a while and simply said "go ahead".
This was defender vs looter (the guy was out hunting for loot), black vs white. There wasn't any hate.

·
Registered
471 Posts
thanks for all the advice given most of it aligns!
I feel bad leaving family and friends, my wife feels concerned for her parents and brother ,we offered for them to come but they are hopeful things will normalise
In your OP you put you wish you would have prepped more, what do you wish you would have done better and what preps are you lacking?

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
9,246 Posts

Reactions: SoJ_51

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wish you would have prepped more, what do you wish you would have done better and wh
I would have fuel stored up. I wouldn't have handed in my grandfather's unlicensed firearm under the firearm amnesty earlier this year. I would have purchased and stored up more shutterboard and razorwire earlier this year, I would have made sure my daughters passport was renewed , I would have made sure my kids all had USA tourist visas .
(all of these were on my todo list for the past year)

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
OK. So you got handed a basket with some rotten apples.
OK, then lets approach this a bit differently.

What CAN you do at this point in time?

don't look at the past, that's water under the bridge.

Can you get the kiddos out of the country?

Can you harden up the homestead and start building up food stores?

Can you get yourself and the Mrs out of the country? are there other obligations to be had?

Now don't answer this directly.
this is rhetorical at this point, and keep your operations Security OPSEC to yourself..
KEEP YER TRAP SHUT!!!!!

Instead make the necessary plans and keep them to yourself.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts