Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pull up your Dora panties
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is important information to remember, dont let your bravado, or haste trick you. when crossing 100 feet of black berry briars,DON'T WHERE SHORTS!!!,even if you do have a machette.oh and if you have just spent 5 hours on a riding lawn mower and your sun burt from the knees down. yeah thats gonna only make it worse.

·
Registered
471 Posts
A lesson you will never forget I'm sure.
I learned what poison ivy is by walking into a thicket of it to answer the call of nature years ago. I learned real quick to not do that again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another lesson I thought I had already learned ..... reminded me again this morning..... If you are walking in the desert and something is poking you in the leg (like a simple stick or thorn) LOOK before you just reach down and try and remove it!!!
I was stalking a 'yote and keep eyes on him.... not the ball of Teddybear Cholla that was now not only stuck to my pant leg but now three fingers of my right hand.
They hold skin like barbed superglue!!

·
Super Duper Moderator. I'm helping!
9,780 Posts
lol ... thanks for the walk down memory lane ... those wild blackberry bushes are BRUTAL ... My dad planted them in his hedgerow around his property to keep people from crossing his land. Worked like a charm and we had more blackberries than we knew what to do with to boot! LOL

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
Vince, I dont have Blackberries here on my place, so feel free to come it unmolested by briars!

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
i'm trying to get the babysitter to come over next saturday. hows that work for you?
Sounds good to me. Got a few rounds laying around somewhere.

·
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
update: as of 11 pm l;ast night i am still digging thorns out of my leg with tweezers. mental note. put tweezers in my BOB

·
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the smoke from burning poison ivy is very toxic to your lungs.be careful around brush fires
excellent! See thats why i made this post. More important lessons to learn. Things we just dont think about or take for granted that we need to remember.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.