Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Average Joe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I getting so sick of this import ban of 1989 and 1994. Like most gun restrictions this one it's complete BS. This one hardly gets brought up on the forums unlike NFA of 1934 and GCA of 1968.

This ban is caused some stupid crap

-restricted semi-auto rifles importation because of "sporting purpose"
- 922r, yeah that Polish Handguards on your AK is evil according to the ATF
-drove up prices on gun that were cheap into expensive.
-can't import historical firearms, (ex. SVT-40)

Jeez I am sick of this. :mad:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I couldn't agree more. We'd have $350 WASR 10s all day long and a ton of cool commie stuff. There is also some kind of voluntary treaty with the russians that keeps a lot of captured WW2 guns out of the US.
I would love to have some of the sig rifles and things like the AK107 and Bizon. Semi auto PKMs etc.

The AR wouldn't be nearly as popular if they ended the import bans. I really don't know if that is a good or bad thing.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Don't know about any agreement with Russia being the problem.

When I was big into the C&R scene with a type 03 FFL, the problem with the Russians was they wanted way too much money for the cool stuff. So we got cobbled up K98's.

Some P38's have come thru although a bit spendy for what you get. The Russkies are not stupid, they know very well what we want. They have it and they're in the driver's seat and in no hurry to sell. :(

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Don't know about any agreement with Russia being the problem.

When I was big into the C&R scene with a type 03 FFL, the problem with the Russians was they wanted way too much money for the cool stuff. So we got cobbled up K98's.

Some P38's have come thru although a bit spendy for what you get. The Russkies are not stupid, they know very well what we want. They have it and they're in the driver's seat and in no hurry to sell. :(
From the research I have done it seems we should be able to get SVT40s from our end the same as Mosins. My understanding is that the G43s are what they want a fortune for.

·
Registered
904 Posts
From the research I have done it seems we should be able to get SVT40s from our end the same as Mosins. My understanding is that the G43s are what they want a fortune for.
The G/K43's would be the most desirable along with Lugers. Considering the non-German divisions of "volunteers" from all over Europe, there has to be tons of oddball rifles and handguns in storage in Russia. I never got into SVT's.

With the size of the Eastern Front the amount of captured full-auto stuff in has to be staggering. Some showed up in Vietnam and other parts of the world but I'm betting they still have plenty in storage.

I remember it was a bit of a surprise when the Russian-capture K98's hit our shores. Who really knew they warehouses full of this stuff. I'd have bet money they melted down all the captured weapons to make AK's.

I have one Russian capture K98, a Mauser 1940. Bet it could tell some stories. Not sure I'd want to hear them. :headshake:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The G/K43's would be the most desirable along with Lugers. Considering the non-German divisions of "volunteers" from all over Europe, there has to be tons of oddball rifles and handguns in storage in Russia. I never got into SVT's.

With the size of the Eastern Front the amount of captured full-auto stuff in has to be staggering. Some showed up in Vietnam and other parts of the world but I'm betting they still have plenty in storage.

I remember it was a bit of a surprise when the Russian-capture K98's hit our shores. Who really knew they warehouses full of this stuff. I'd have bet money they melted down all the captured weapons to make AK's.

I have one Russian capture K98, a Mauser 1940. Bet it could tell some stories. Not sure I'd want to hear them. :headshake:
I bet some of this stuff is still showing up in the middle east. I really wish something could be worked out it get it over here. I'm sure there is a ton of crap but I'm also sure there are some real jewels!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts