Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
armchair commando
1,184 Posts
I just read that too, it's a bad situation. It's one of those things that we might NOT recover from and the start of a world break down.
To top it off, CNN just reported that we fired another missile into Pakistan. They already warned us that they will launch a full blown war if we attack again.....call me paranoid but,I think we are facing the start of a world social collapse that will get bigger over the next year or so.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
U.S. Treasury's Paulson said it was "naive" to think that the G7 would endorse a one-size-fits-all approach to ending the credit crisis because there were major differences between the countries and their financial systems.

He said the Bush administration was scrambling to put together a plan to buy direct stakes in American banks to shore up balance sheets riddled with heavy credit losses from the 14-month crisis that began with failing U.S. mortgage loans.
For the life me.........I can not find information on just "what" the position the fedgov would have in it's "stake" in a bank........silent partner, Big Brother, Oh Brother......Nationalized......what?????:(

·
Registered
679 Posts
For the life me.........I can not find information on just "what" the position the fedgov would have in it's "stake" in a bank........silent partner, Big Brother, Oh Brother......Nationalized......what?????:(
This article gets into the whats and hows of potential use of the funds.

I don't think they (U.S.gov) wanted to say "nationalized" just yet, but what the heck, everyone else is doing it..

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
"shore up balance sheets"
O'RLY?
Like how the Bail out Bill now makes the book cooking at Fanny and Freddie not just legal but mandatory?
WOW!

Reactions: MCLMM

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
A month ago you could find experts who were saying how passe and irrelevant the US economy was.... welcome to the wake up call... as far as a total melt down... that really just means a loss of faith, and that could happen. But it will recover sometime, so it really makes no difference...

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A month ago you could find experts who were saying how passe and irrelevant the US economy was.... welcome to the wake up call... as far as a total melt down... that really just means a loss of faith, and that could happen. But it will recover sometime, so it really makes no difference...
But I find myself wondering if the sheer impetus of the whole process can successfully be arrested, at this juncture.

I am hardly panicking about this, but preparations continue unabated.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What happens to the companies who participate?

They will have to give the government the ability to acquire shares and executives at the companies will be subject to more restrictive compensation rules. There is the possible stigma of participating, since it may make them appear to be weak.
So beyond stricter compensation pkgs......there is no other info at to just what the fedgov would do with the individual lending institution!

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
So beyond stricter compensation pkgs......there is no other info at to just what the fedgov would do with the individual lending institution!
Congress gave em all the authority in the world to do what they want,that includes not telling the pissants what it is they are doing.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
But I find myself wondering if the sheer impetus of the whole process can successfully be arrested, at this juncture.

I am hardly panicking about this, but preparations continue unabated.
Sure it can.

A 'Floor' wil lbe called.

A buncha People, and investment companies will 'jump in' in order to make money...

And it will be a self fufilling prophacy.

...Then things will be OK for a short wile.

^My bet on what's gonna happen.

(Herd instinct works both ways)

·
Registered
195 Posts
How is the economy doing in Canada and Europe? Sometimes I get so disgusted with the American sheeple and the .govment that I think I want to get away from it all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts