Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
9,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to bring a sleeping bag, but I don't want to take my entire Bob.

I think I need to put together a EDC bag.

Something with the essentials right?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Stop being d1cks

and look at this at a more practical level.

Hypothetically, you are staying away from home for a night or so, somewhere where it is not possible or practical to bring your whole BOB. What would you pack for an overnighter from a survival standpoint?

·
Registered
106 Posts
why not bring the BOB? what if you have to BO from there? Can you get back to where it is stored if you don't take it given that TS will undoubtedly HTF while you are sleeping over simply because you are unprepared?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Leave your stuff in the car. If no car, good shoes, good coat and a flashlight to get back home with.

Oh, and might want to carry a multi-use binkie just in case.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
I agree...leave it in the car, or if there is no car, stash your BOB nearby.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
is it your hanna montana sleeping bag?? when i have sleep overs my sleeping bag is the least of my concerns, of course i have sleep overs with girls!

·
Student/Teacher
164 Posts
I keep a bob in my vehicle at all times( seen to many stranded vehicle in snow banks). If you are traveling without a vehicle you should still carry the equivalent of a bob even if it's less tactical and based more toward simple survival and comfort. Get used to carrying a pack, to many people will find themselves screwed when they have to bug out and drop over exhausted in 15 minutes from the weight of their gear. If nothing else carrying a bob would make for a good conversation piece, play the what if game. Who knows you may even be able to save the day with a bit of kit that you carry. If you are afraid of what your friend may say then you aren't ready to be a survivor and you don't care if they survive.

·
Student/Teacher
164 Posts
As far as EDC(Every Day Carry) goes like I said I keep a BOB in my vehicle but I consider EDC to be whats on my person not whats in the truck. You may not be able to get to your car If you carry a sleeping bag for EDC you may as well carry the whole BOB. I keep multiple BOBs in various places in case: house burns down, vehicle destroyed or stolen, storm trooper attack or simple resupply.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts