Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
I'm so tired of the job that I have. I'm sick of the job hunting thing. I have more skills than most people interviewing me will ever have. With the way things are going I would rather live in the woods than to make them or the gooberment another dime.
Maybe you should think about working for yourself rather than other people. If you have skills, start your own small business.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a boat mechanic but I'm away from people who know I am good. I live near Lake Texoma and everyone seems to already have their own mechanic. It's seasonal so I do custom leatherwork on the side. Anyone need a holster.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Maybe you should think about working for yourself rather than other people. If you have skills, start your own small business.
I had that dream... once. I wanted to start my own plant nursery. I enjoy gardening, so why not sell the plants I grow? But the reality of it is that you need a lot of money to start a business. I don't have that kind of money.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
i have an idea for a small buisness that is a front for prepping the likes of which havent been seen since Tremors 3.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't know that my wife maxed out all of her cerdit cards while giving me a chance to start my business. I was raised that if you don't have it- don't spend it. Where is my little bail out. Just kidding. I don't want their money, I just want mine.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I didn't know that my wife...
I didn't know you have a wife. That kinda throws a wrench in your whole idea of living in the woods, doesn't it? Unless you want to leave your wife.

I've been extremely close to being homeless before. Didn't have a job, got evicted. A friend saved me by letting me stay at his place for awhile. That friend isn't around anymore.

That's the scenario I prepare for. It's not SHTF for me. It's OSIH, or, Oh Sh-t I'm Homeless. That's when I'll pick up my BOB and say goodbye to civilization. But until then, y'all are just gonna have to keep putting up with me.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
I had that dream... once. I wanted to start my own plant nursery. I enjoy gardening, so why not sell the plants I grow? But the reality of it is that you need a lot of money to start a business. I don't have that kind of money.

Are those the only skills you have?? If so then I'd say your pretty limited but if not try something else. Owning your own business is really the best way towards independence. Maybe you can stay in the same field and do some thing like landscaping or something, start small, build clientele, and start saving for your real dream cause there's know way you can go out and get a small business loan now. All you really need is a business license (if your state requires it) a good lawn mower, weed whacker, blower, some hand tools (rake's, shovels, gloves, brooms, etc...) maybe a couple of other things and the will and determination to go get what you really want. I know, sounds easy, right?? Nope never said that but throwing in the towel and heading for the hills just seems like an easy way out. Sure times are tough for you right now but there pretty much tough for everyone including myself and my family.

Look, if your gonna run to the hills because you want to escape the turmoil that is heading our way that's one thing but if you buggin out just because you can't hack it, well then this type of forum ain't for you cause this is a forum that teaches you how to survive these times and the eminent changes this world will be facing real soon.

I say SUCK IT UP AND DRIVE ON.

B-----------OUT

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
You don't always have to spend a lot of money to start a business. You can start on the side and build it. Work evenings and on your days off.
I know people here in Louisiana who would pay for someone to come to their camp or home to work on their boats instead of having to haul them out of the water and bring them to a shop.
Find a neighborhood with homes on the water and boats parked at their docks and put a card on each door. Check in at the local harbor master's office and leave fliers or cards. Be willing to kick him a little money for referrals. Be willing to offer lesser services like cleaning and winterizing.
Do good work and word of mouth will get you more business.
But you really have to be willing to step out there and try.
Working for others may give you a decent living but you'll never have your shot at true success until you stop making money for the other guy and start making money for yourself.
JMHO

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
People like magfed556 pisses me off

I learned long ago to watch what I say on here but this guy evidently don't understand hard times. Who do you think you are. I live my life to the best than I can make of it. So do my friends. Do you you want to be a part of this or do you want to be a problem.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm so tired of the job that I have. I'm sick of the job hunting thing. I have more skills than most people interviewing me will ever have. With the way things are going I would rather live in the woods than to make them or the gooberment another dime.

I can definitely relate to that. Here it is Sunday night and am depressed I have to got back to that job. It is seriously boring. Oh well, things could be worse.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I done well in my hometown. I will try to do it here. My point was that EVERYONE has talents. I know that ihatebugs is on here for information. That's why I'm here. magfed566 has just made a ass of hisself. Find you another lawnboy

·
I'll fix it
2,547 Posts
Are those the only skills you have?? If so then I'd say your pretty limited but if not try something else. Owning your own business is really the best way towards independence. Maybe you can stay in the same field and do some thing like landscaping or something, start small, build clientele, and start saving for your real dream cause there's know way you can go out and get a small business loan now. All you really need is a business license (if your state requires it) a good lawn mower, weed whacker, blower, some hand tools (rake's, shovels, gloves, brooms, etc...) maybe a couple of other things and the will and determination to go get what you really want. I know, sounds easy, right?? Nope never said that but throwing in the towel and heading for the hills just seems like an easy way out. Sure times are tough for you right now but there pretty much tough for everyone including myself and my family.

Look, if your gonna run to the hills because you want to escape the turmoil that is heading our way that's one thing but if you buggin out just because you can't hack it, well then this type of forum ain't for you cause this is a forum that teaches you how to survive these times and the eminent changes this world will be facing real soon.

I say SUCK IT UP AND DRIVE ON.

B-----------OUT

:headshake: This should be interesting.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
I learned long ago to watch what I say on here but this guy evidently don't understand hard times. Who do you think you are. I live my life to the best than I can make of it. So do my friends. Do you you want to be a part of this or do you want to be a problem.

Hmmmmm, exactly what pisses you off??? First off my response was meant to be a morale booster but I guess you didn't get it. Second I happen to know quite well what hard times are all about as I come from the streets at the ripe young age of 13 and had to live in the same situations you want to run off to. Now I'm not talking stay at some friends house here and there I'm talking in train boxes, in the bushes on the train tracks, hitch hiking from here to there with no destination etc... no food no shelter, no money, no clothes but whats on my back etc... for 5 years I did that s*** and somehow I joined the ARMY Yes I'm 37 now and own my own business now but to get there was no small task and is still not easy but I ain't BO just cause times are tough, that's all I was sayin, lighten the f*** up .I won't go through my whole history as this thread is about you.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts

As one who recently closed my business/retired from that industry (supplier) that industry is really suffering, at least here in Florida.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I know how ya feel. At my job they just fired 1 over paid worker and fired the dope smoker whose work I constantly had to go over and fix his screw ups.

Went off of hourly to salary and still no raise in 2 years. But I am lucky to have a job at this moment.

I do have my moments and more of them lately were I just want to walk off and tell my bosses good luck finding someone that will put in the hours I do on salary.

Do look into your own business. And good luck.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
Hmmmmm, exactly what pisses you off??? First off my response was meant to be a morale booster but I guess you didn't get it. Second I happen to know quite well what hard times are all about as I come from the streets at the ripe young age of 13 and had to live in the same situations you want to run off to. Now I'm not talking stay at some friends house here and there I'm talking in train boxes, in the bushes on the train tracks, hitch hiking from here to there with no destination etc... no food no shelter, no money, no clothes but whats on my back etc... for 5 years I did that s*** and somehow I joined the ARMY Yes I'm 37 now and own my own business now but to get there was no small task and is still not easy but I ain't BO just cause times are tough, that's all I was sayin, lighten the f*** up .I won't go through my whole history as this thread is about you.

Look my intentions are not to offend anyone here. I do know every ones under a lot of stress right now and are going through hard times, including myself and my family. My wife's went to work about a month and a half ago and the doors were locked -- for good, after 22 years in the title industry she finally had a taste of reality. Me, well I'm a contractor and business sucks. Were at a point now wondering if were gonna lose our house and every thing we worked hard to achieve, but I try not to let those thoughts consume me and just drive on. After all why should we be any different then everybody else right.

DRIVE ON B-------OUT

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Oh Dwind, you make me chuckle.

A bit more on topic, I'm not sure what to tell you, Joebob#s. I can definitely relate to how you're feeling, but I wouldn't give up quite yet. It may not seem like it now, but generally things have a tendency to work themselves out. And if they don't, you'll have a good reason to bug out! (Hooray for encouraging words?)

And if things get really tough, start reading up on phlisophy. It has always made me feel better in the past to realize that there's no way to prove what I'm living in is reality :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts