Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Patient Zero of WWZ
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I'm having a pleasant evening. The wife is out of town. The TV is off and I'm having a quiet evening, getting started reading One Second After.

A soft rain outside, and some occasional thunder in the distance.

I'm getting to the point where the EMP has happened and John is just figuring out what may have happened.

And the lights go out.

For a few minutes it was total silence. And I'm getting an eerie feeling.

Then I hear a car and I realize that my laptop across the room is still running.

Whew! Damn don't do that to me!

·
Registered
458 Posts
That's hilarious!

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
Congrats - you are now cursed, like all who read One Second After. (Or "Light's Out" for that matter)

You will forever check your cell phone when the lights go out.

Lights go out + Cell Phone dead at same time = you have a serious problem. :rain

·
Registered
458 Posts
It's really got me thinking about the inadequacy of some of my preps. :)

It did the same for me. I didn't think the book was particularly well written, but the story itself was good. It really got to me in a pretty big way. Alas, Babylon is another that got to me.

·
Pedophiles will die soon!
1,184 Posts
It will definitely get to you. You will like it as a prepper and survivalist. It will also make you want to beef up the preps.

·
Registered
213 Posts
One Second After and Lights Out are eye-openers... I personally like how factual information is embedded within a fictional story ~ more engaging for me. I haven't read either for a while, might be time to grab one again! :thumb:

·
The Over 40 Club
1,412 Posts
That is one expensive book , ok not the book itself , but the things it will make you do.

I read it when it first came out. It totally changed mine life and way of thinking , for the better.

I can now do things that I had never dreamed of doing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I loved One Second After and agree with partygirl....facts twirled in with the story. I didn't know it was a novel until I started reading it....went much faster and retained a lot! Now my parents are reading it.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
In the event of an actual EMP power outage I should actually have time to find the candles and something to light them with ....before..... the power comes back on..... lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts