Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of building a resourceful foundation which may act as my saving grace. I'm sad to say that my life has been consumed with girls, pop culture, and wasted time.
I know very little about the natural world. And what I do know is all theoretical.
Please keep posting and linking to useful information. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our world. If you are serious this is the place to be. Read an copy as much as you can from the files on this site. Make friends here with folks from you home area. Start to make a plan and put it in writing. If it is not written it is not a plan.

Go to other sites like FEMA and get their preparation lists. I know they don't have defense on their sites and that is for obvious reasons (GOVT SITE). Get your food and water together for the first 72 hours and then 2 weeks and then 3 months. You need to put down levels to reach so you have goals. Figure out what you need and look at what you have now.

Read as much as you can. Your mind is your single greatest tool. Don't panic and don't let this overwhelm you. take it one day at a time and you will get there. Best wishes.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Welcome, GANJAH XII. Lots of good information on this site, and you can contact people individually if you need specific advice. Most folks are very friendly and happy to help.

HippieSurvivalist (used to smoke ganja...)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I thought I got serious about 5 years ago. I just joined this great resource a few days ago, and realized that being ready can incorporate many fun family activities. I also realized I have more to do! Me and my boy are working on firemaking this weekend with the bow drill. Good luck and welcome!

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Welcome. I must say my 4-star sensors are flashing though. Looking forward to your posts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
welcome.
Be sure to try to get out and practice some of the stuff you will read about.
Theoretical knowledge is better than no knowledge. Practice makes perfect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guy for the warm welcome. I went to my local book store looking for US Army Survival Manual: FM 21-76 but, they didn't have it. So i ordered it online today. i know the book is available free online but I hate e-books and I would prefer to buy it as opposed to printing it all out. Should be here in a few days.
Instead of buying useless, materialistic stuff for Christmas this year I'm going to save some money and buy some quality items for survival.
I think I'm search the handgun section for a bit and prep to purchase my first handgun.
thanks a lot. happy holidays.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts