Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just venting and ranting....

I really like coming to this site and getting ideas on prepping but lately, I've noticed a heightened amount of posts/responses that are all about (these are by no means what others have said but just a general observation):

"I'd blow em up" or " They'd have to get through my massive gun collection before they'd get to me" or "I'm not a sheeple living in the city; those that do are stupid and ought to get what they deserve" and so forth.

Its really irritating and frustrating reading some repsonses to posts that boast all about the Rambo tendencies some have (and I know this has been discussed a bit but again, that turned into a testostrone pissing contest). *shrugs* Stuff like that really turn me off from sites like these as you cant get a straight answer out of people, just boasting about how large their gun collection is and how much firepower they have.

I dont know if some of this stuff is said to appear tough on a website or if this is how people really will approach certain situations, but it just seems so unrealistic to think that those individuals can outbattle a military or police force if TSHTF or that they are top dog at everything.

I'm just really getting disillusioned with it and I can why some "suvivialists" are branded as "crazy".

Anyways, like I said earlier, this is just a venting rant after I went to the general prepardness section and again had the pleasure of reading a response that read (and I'm not picking on this individual, it just goes with my rant) "Problems like that are better solved through the use of explosives and 1 inch deck nails."

*eye roll* Ugh.

·
Good Bye
1,808 Posts
you hit the nail on the head with this one:
I can see why some "survivalists" are branded as "crazy"
You will find many VERY opinionated people on site such as this, but don't let it discourage you. There are some great people here whose feed don't fall out of their mouths every time they open 'em.

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
I gotta whole slew a guns that says Ima GIT R DONE! Woohooo don't come knockin at my door I got pain for yah Wooo hooo.

I totally agree. However I think that some people that make those comments are probably honest. I feel sorry for them. I like many others on this site don't talk much about the firepower we have. Really there is nothing to brag about.

Unless you have a class III and everyone doesn't, in that case bragging is expected.

-Cade

·
I'm keeping my eye on you
2,204 Posts
What makes you think this site is going to be any different than any place else you go?(Store, work, school, parties) There are nut jobs out there everywhere, including here.

I would suggest you simply do what most of us do and read the posts you have an interest in and ignore the ones that you don't care for. There is a lot to be learned from this site. Just be patient and tolerant of the nut jobs...they have feeling too.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,350 Posts
Just venting and ranting....

I really like coming to this site and getting ideas on prepping but lately, I've noticed a heightened amount of posts/responses that are all about (these are by no means what others have said but just a general observation):

"I'd blow em up" or " They'd have to get through my massive gun collection before they'd get to me" or "I'm not a sheeple living in the city; those that do are stupid and ought to get what they deserve" and so forth.

Its really irritating and frustrating reading some repsonses to posts that boast all about the Rambo tendencies some have (and I know this has been discussed a bit but again, that turned into a testostrone pissing contest). *shrugs* Stuff like that really turn me off from sites like these as you cant get a straight answer out of people, just boasting about how large their gun collection is and how much firepower they have.

I dont know if some of this stuff is said to appear tough on a website or if this is how people really will approach certain situations, but it just seems so unrealistic to think that those individuals can outbattle a military or police force if TSHTF or that they are top dog at everything.

I'm just really getting disillusioned with it and I can why some "suvivialists" are branded as "crazy".

Anyways, like I said earlier, this is just a venting rant after I went to the general prepardness section and again had the pleasure of reading a response that read (and I'm not picking on this individual, it just goes with my rant) "Problems like that are better solved through the use of explosives and 1 inch deck nails."

*eye roll* Ugh.
I am very glad for one that our Founding Fathers had no such qualms fighting at that time the best miltary forces in the world:thumb:
No one ever said FREEDOM was easily won or kept! BARE ARMS OR WEAR CHAINS:thumb:

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
our founding fathers could have been seen as nuts for fighting the best military in the world at the time. We accrued enough debt to sink the french economy, boost the prussian economy, and make old George 3rd in England about as popular as Dubya.

I feel your pain very much, PG, I really do. Not a day goes by where I don't think about what we used to be, what we are, and where we're going as a country and as a species. It can be so depressing. You have to turn that despair into anger, and that anger into willpower and resolve to do what's nessesary for ourselves.

Reactions: test

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
PrairieGirl,
When I read your post, I thought of something my daddy told me refering to people who talk big about what big deals they are and what they are going to do with every breath..."They are Do Daddy's, aslways going to do this and do that, but have never and will never do squat (squat inserted in deference to present company)."

It is not what we say, but what action we take, when the time for action arrives.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
I feel your pain, PG.

One thing that helps when you find someone who really seems to make few positive contributions and spews lots of crap, is to use the ignore function.

If I was designing a marketing campaign for this site, I would stress the words "preparedness" and "prepping" over "survivalist", because of all the bad associations of "survivalist". Of course it's part of my name, but HippiePrepper had too many p's.

HippieSurvivalist

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
What makes you think this site is going to be any different than any place else you go? School, work et cetera
The rest of the places I go are not populated with 15-year old wanta be marines. The rest of the places I go are not mainly populated by jaded, cynical and paranoid males. The rest of the places I go are not anonymous. The rest of the places I go people are not rude, insulting or proud of their arrogant ignorance. Most of the places I go people are polite with differing opinions. So yes, there is a garbage here one does not get everywhere else.

And don't give me the old "if you don't like it leave." When you are eating dinner and the dog craps in the middle of the supper table you don't announce "if you don't like it leave."

There can be a fine exchange going on here and along comes a dog who craps in the middle of it. Saying if you don't like it leave is YOU telling everyone else the crap is the most important thing. I say kick the dog and its crap out.

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,410 Posts
Oh yeah I totally ignore *those* threads, but there are some really good threads out there that contain 1/2 sh*t posts - those are the ones that are irritating.

Ah well, free speach is free speach right?
as with any interent forum, use what you need, discard the rest. interact with like minded people, ignore the ones that chaff you.

simple strategy for enjoying the good. and there is MUCH good here. :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
These boards are no different than society at large, there are always those who open mouth and insert their foot without thinking. I just ignore those who are too out there and move along. It usually does no good to argue with them anyway.....

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
These boards are no different than society at large, ..
I don't know what society you live in but the one I live in is not as rude, crude, juvenile, ignorant or paranoid as many are here.

And if I don't like it leaving is not the answer. When the dog craps on the dinner table during dinner you do not announce "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE." Well, the same thing here. When a dog craps here the answer is eject the crap not put up with the crap.

·
Registered
475 Posts
PG sometimes you have to sift the fertilizer to get what makes the plant grow.....
I agree there does seem to be alot of folks here anymore that are more interested in a Fire Fight than using common sense to get out of the problem.
Obvioulsy they have never faced an enemy intent on killing you with all hes worth and the only reason your here a nd there not is because you lucked out.
Wehn those frag pieces tear thru your uniform and don't leave a mark and the guy you were talking too 2 minutes ago is now spraying blood in your face, and your so scrared
you **** your pant along with half the rest of the people there.......
The Last thing you ever want too do is Shoot someone or even less be shot at....

·
Woman Hater
1,074 Posts
Like in all lifestyles there are idiots we have to weed through. I'm not going to be the first to admit this, but those that know me, know I can be a down right azol to some of these characters that scream gung ho and wanting to kill off the dozers and taking their gear for their own supply.

Good Post.

Reactions: Thedragon

·
Registered
195 Posts
As it's been said already you'll find that ANYwhere you go. People do the same sorts of things on "sheeple" boards, so it's really no different. Actually I KNOW some of these people cross several boards, and they pull things from different sources, etc. some of which is said with an attempt to be funny, or get a rise out of people, or whatever. I find that it's easy to just read what interests you, pull what you can and put forth what you can. You'll find that the ones that share your common interests will be there despite the idiots, as is the case "IRL".

In the coming times I think people are going to find that it's best to find people that can help each other push forward in to whatever the years to come will bring us, good or bad. I should hope that things pick back up, and we can just go back to talking about hypothetical situations and off the grid lifestyles rather than the potential for complete societal meltdown in every sector.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.