Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out how to say a little about myself.

Seven years ago I left an abusive relationship and ran for the hills. I was lucky enough to stumble into a wonderful community that has helped me survive that time of my life and helped me become more self sufficient. We all work well together but I'm not fooling myself to know that I know so much less than the rest of my community. While evryone here is willing to help me I don't want to always be the weak link here. I've started coming online to learn more and maybe be less of a burden and maybe even be able to help others.

I love to be outdoors and as I live in the wild places along the northern Mississippi River I will probably be reading a great deal of the Wilderness section. Though I'm pretty sure I'll be reading from all the sections. Thank you for being here and putting out advice for those of us who are only seven years into their survival plans.

Tury

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the forum is alot of good people and outstanding info. I grew up in northern Mn myself was born in St.Paul and moved north at a very early age I spent most of my time near Sandstone Hinckly area. And went into the Boundry Waters every chance I had. Grew up fishing and hunting, camping the area so welcome to our forum and anytime I can help just let me know .

·
Registered
18,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may be in dangerous territory offering me help.;-) I'll probably be bugging you with a whole lot of questions. Thank you so much for your offer. I'm already learning so much just by lurking.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our community from Texas. There are a lot of really good people here and you will find them to be a sharing group. Remember the only bad question is one not asked. Find friends here and make your plans. Good to have you with us.

·
Registered
18,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spent last summer working up in northern MN glad that it was in the summer and not the winter
It does get cold here in the winter, not to mention the snow. I have to admit that I do love winter though. It does takes a bit more to get out to work or to feed the birds and pigs, and my shower set up changes a bit but I love winter. It's when I finally get time to read all the books I've been buying all year long. And I love tracking animals through the snow. No, I doubt that I'll ever become a snowbird and head south. I guess I'm just weird that way.:eek::

·
Registered
18,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am finding a good deal of great information. There certainly are some wise people here. If I had the time I would be here for a couple days straight just reading and absorbing all the wisdom. Thank you all so much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts