Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I see a bad moon arising
1,267 Posts
Very nice. Thanks for posting.

Not much bigger than a Ruger LCP, and a decent upgrade in
firepower over a .380. HUGE upgrade in the sights over the
marginally functional sight nubs on the LCP.

Heavy little guy though. Comes in just a nudge over the G26 Glock,
(with loaded magazines) and the Glock is carrying an additional 4 rounds.

I'll may have to hold off on my CCW purchase until this one comes out.
Was leaning towards the LCP, but hadn't talked myself into it yet.
There's a lot to not like about the LCP. (Sights, mainly).

I've got the G26, but with the double-stack mag, it's bulky in width.

Hope they hold the price down. The Sig P238 is nice, but a tad pricy
for something competing in the subcompact .380 market.

·
Geronimo!
4,053 Posts
Yeah - I got to see the pics not too long ago when I ran into the National Sales Rep at the shop. They are pretty neat, but I too will wait for the bugs to get worked out. When they do, I want one though.

Word is that Ext MSRP is going to be in the $450.00 - $500.00 range which is quite a bit more than both the LCP and P3AT but given that it is a SIG, it should be well worth it.

Reactions: robbiec

·
Experiment 626
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Word is that Ext MSRP is going to be in the $450.00 - $500.00 range which is quite a bit more than both the LCP and P3AT but given that it is a SIG, it should be well worth it.
But unlike the LCP, it is 9mm... not .380~
For that price I will definitely own one... once the bugs are all worked out...say year 2 of production.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Looks just like a PM9.

Sig makes too many different guns now. They used to make half a dozen excellent handguns, any of which I would take anywhere. Now, I can't count them all. I would have preferred them to simply lower their prices on their proven lines than to expand with all this 1911, SAS, Blackwater, Match, pimped-out, doo-rag garbage they have now.

I still prefer the older P220 and 226.

·
Experiment 626
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know I am necro'ing a dead post here, but I just went yesterday and handled one of these guns that just came into my local gun store. I HATE the trigger. The thing has a hammer, but it doesn't stay cocked, so you have double action only and the trigger has a long pull. I've been looking forward to perhaps buying this gun for months and I don't like it!

Next thing I will look at is the new kimber subcompact 9mm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts