Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Illinois gun sales
No state has seen more gun sales this year than Illinois.

Federal authorities there have completed nearly 4.3 million gun background checks since January, including more than 955,000 submitted last month.

That’s more background checks than the next five states combined.
Isn't Chicago in Illinois? Why are they so mad at Indiana? (Chuckle)

BTW Texas is second.

·
Bugged out already
4,236 Posts
Maybe this will motivate them to start voting correctly, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
Did they have to pay for that FOID card, and if so...do they get their money back now that it's been called unconstitutional?
When did that happen? Got it good so far in Georgia for most part. Private sales that don't even require bill of sale. Who would of thought a firearm was just another piece of property two adults can do transactions with? Did have to pay 80 for carry license which only requirement was go to police station to get fingerprinted and a quickie background check.

How I interpret this huge gun run is fear that there are nefarious forces out there with no one to protect against them. I didn't become a gun nut until almost 50 and the trigger was people getting testy and angry at gas stations because a hurricane disrupted supply for a week. Reasoning was better to have than not need than to need and not have. Insurance. Rather than scary I find boom sticks comforting. Think in 2020 enough stuff was going on to disrupt even the dreamest persons sense of tranquility.

·
Registered
12,359 Posts
When did that happen?
Last week. They're scrambling to make sure we know they say it ONLY apples to in-house possession, and some rags are making SURE we all know this ONLY applies to this one woman in this one case. Freaking media spin.

·
Registered
7,702 Posts
and - ILSP records department backlog is holding up firearms sales - IL Rifle Assoc lawsuit on 2A restraints of ownership could be affected by this fall's SCOTUS 2A review ....

renewals are allll affected and are being illegally extended - all kinds of inter-state legal problems ....

·
Registered
555 Posts
Then why is Chicagostan suing Indiana gun stores?
I'm sure you know the answer and that was a rhetorical question. It is of course to divert the narrative away from the insane management of the city.

New York tried that with Virginia for years, even though we are not that close to them, but now that we have UBCs, I guess they will blame someone else. They might go after Pennsylvania would be my guess.

·
Registered
474 Posts
For those who have never been to Illinois, it is a moderate to conservative state as long as you do not set foot in Cook County(where Chicago is located) or the St Louis area.
Correct. I lived there my whole life prior to moving to SW Missouri in Oct of 2020. The state, for the most part, is fairly conservative outside of Chicagostan and East St. Louis, as FS mentioned and the enclaves of wherever you have universities spewing liberal quackery. There are a couple of counties outside of Chicago/East St Louis that vote blue, like 2-3 if memory serves, but that's about it. Like many states where power is establish in big cities, the downstaters in Illinois are at the mercy of the lunacy that is pumped out of Chicago and signed into law in Springfield. The state is a dumpster fire and I feel for anyone stuck there and who wants to leave. Just about everyone my age (mid to late 40's) I talked to is either on their way out or planning to get out as soon as they can. Illinois is going to continue to be one of the top losing population states going forward due to their idiotic policies, excessive taxes and massive debt they can't print their way out of like the Feds are doing.

·
Registered
640 Posts

Actually, I guess the CNN crew did find it odd, since they wrote an entire story about it. The problem is that their story is just flat-out wrong. Yes, there have been nearly 4.3-million NICS checks performed in Illinois since January, but the vast majority of them weren’t for firearm transfers.

I reached out to NSSF’s Mark Oliva to get the true NSSF-adjusted figures for background checks on gun sales in Illinois, and the numbers are far lower than the raw numbers that CNN Business claims represent the number of guns sold in the state.

According to Oliva, there’s been a total of 190,838 NICS checks conducted on firearms transfers in Illinois since January, including 44,217 in the month of April. In other words, the CNN Business report is off by more than 900,000 specifically for last month, and their yearly total misses the mark by more than 4-million.

How did CNN screw up their story this badly? The news network is including all of the routine checks performed on existing Firearm Owner ID card holders as well as those who possess a valid concealed carry license, in addition to the checks performed on new applicants, instead of counting only those checks performed on gun transfers.

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,858 Posts
Isn't Chicago in Illinois? Why are they so mad at Indiana? (Chuckle)

BTW Texas is second.

Illinois regulates everything so heavily that you need a NICS check things that aren't even regulable in other states.

In Maine, for example, one needs a NICS check ONLY if buying a gun from an FFL. But in IL, one needs a NICS check for private party transfers, Concealed Carry Permits, Firearms Owners Identification Card, and other things. So it takes a LOT of NICS checks to indicate ONE firearms purchase in IL, but every NICS check pretty much means a purchase in Maine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts