Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an idea about matches. Everybody always talks about dipping in wax or bags or making containers, but why not just tape?

Get a few strike-anywhere match boxes and use masking tape to cover the box completely, making it water proof. A good tape would make a box you could take to the bottom of a river and still cut it open to find dry matches.

It would work with regular strike on box matches if you take a pieces of paper and cover the box before using the tape. That way the tape doesn't destroy the strike-strip.

Anyway, I think we're getting to a point where we're going to be seeing hard decisions made. In other words, DOOM cometh. :)

·
Start up the rotors
7,663 Posts
Welcome from KS.

They also make match safes that do pretty much the same thing (I have an orange waterproof one with a built in SS striker), though as a DIY project your idea sounds interesting.

·
Patient Zero of WWZ
5,334 Posts
I got my match safe from the pill container area at Wal-mart. Its meant to be a key chain pill box. Just about the right size and very sturdy made of aluminum, with an o-ring seal.

Welcome to the forum.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts