Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
You can get their Premium BCG from 79.99 too. If you wanted to go even cheaper you can get
Lower: PSA AR-15 Complete Blem Lower - Classic Edition - No Magazine - 37202

Upper: PSA 16" Carbine Length 5.56 NATO 1:7 Slick Side Melonite Freedom Upper - without BCG or CH - 507290

BCG: Palmetto State Armory 5.56 Premium Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group - 8779

Charging Handle: PSA AR15/M16 7075 T6 Forged Mil-Spec Charging Handle

Total: $517

Or you could just buy this one straight out.

PSA 16" Mid Stainless Freedom Rifle Blem - 7780325

I would recommend saving the extra money and getting what you will want instead of buying cheap and then adding it on. Trust me, I'm in that boat right now.

Sorry for the double post, I must have gotten a little trigger happy

·
Shill for the Federal Gov
464 Posts
I like the deal and it looks like fun. I was going to be my snob self and say buy a Colt, but hey, if this trips your trigger do it.

After adding up everything it would take to build the weapon in this thread, this is 200 dollars more, and will work every time.

Colt LE 6920 at G and R Tactical

There are better deals out there.

For the first AR, if it is a super fun learning have a good time thing, build it! If it has to work at any time every time in the future, ehhhhh, you should probably buy the first one and build the ones after it. I know, I have built several.

Either way, have fun!

·
Better to burn out
3,274 Posts
Inexpensive AR's have there place for sure and I would bet make up the majority of those sold versus top shelf. I have a couple less expensive ar kits from PSA that I assembled into decent rifles for my Daughters.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I haven't put too many rounds through my PSA, but out of the 500 or so, I get some almost unbelievable groups and haven't had any malfunctions. Don't really know what else I would need.

I didn't believe the Tula one so I reshot it.

All groups were at 90yds with open sights, so I'm sure they could have been better.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Helped my wife build with one of these Anderson lowers, and a 7.62x39 upper from MSA. Less than $550, and so far shoots every kind of ammo we can put through it without problems. 2"-2.5" groups at 100 yds with a 3x28mm scout scope using Tula Silver Bear fmj

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
I've never heard a bad thing about PSA from anybody who has one of their guns. Remember the core of your rifle is the BCG and barrell. PSA barrells are as good as any from colt, FN, etc. in fact they are the barrels FN usess.
Get a good full auto rated MPI BCG and it will likely work for a long time. I'd rather have a PSA than many other brands and is rather have a PSA with 1000 rounds and. I failures than a knew rifle never shot out of the box.
Shoot the thing! Don't wait till the zombies are headed your way before you load it and shoot. Know how to shoot it and clean it. Also any oarts you do t like change out after you shoot 3 times or 500 rounds since its your first gun. Your gonna want new furniture and maybe a different hand gaurd , different sites etc. Save the old stuff for spare parts.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Gawd! I hope you don't think $600 is the best you can do

Upper comes assembled from PSA and all you need is their stripped lower and you should have a nice mil-spec rifle for under $600 with shipping and transfer included.
Or just BUY a fully assembled, just as "mil spec", Del-Ton for under $500 at any honest gun shop

·
Registered
188 Posts
Complete build for $388. That's what I put mine together for just recently. Bought an upper, BCG & charging handle separately. Then bought a complete poly lower. Shoots as well as my Colt LE6920

·
Registered
305 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts