Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the comments about the guy who won 258 million...i wonder what you all would do if you won it... Me personally believe I would give alot of it away..granted alot goes to taxes anyway but would still leave alot to go on...First and foremost be great to give to the people who have crossed my path that made an impression on my life and perhaps dont know it...Travel the country, walk up behind some family that looked like they need money in a store and pay for there stuff....Let the interest grow!!

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
First off, set up a Blind Trust, and have your lawyer claim the money on your behalf:) Remain anonymous.

I would probably do the same, make a full time job out of being a bum :) I know that my family would not want for anything, that is in the way of education, housing and transportation. The rest would be on them, short of possibly some catastrophic event.

I too would spread the wealth a bit, I've known people that drop off bags of groceries at night on the doorstep of a family that is struggling to make ends meet, or others that place money in an envelope during the Holidays and walk up to a family that looks as if their struggling (they have a whole list of prerequisites), but I have always believed and taught my son, give what you can because there is always someone out there that is worse off than you.

And yes, I too would take it easy and do the things I've always wanted to do and couldn't afford.:)

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I have thought about this a lot.

If I had this much money, I wuold work myself to death.

1. Set up a finance company or bank so that all my friend and relatives who wanted money could go there to BARROW the money. If theyd did not pay it back, then no more would be coming their way.

2. I would get into investigating all the crooked deals done locallly that I know about.

3. I would reward writers who post their stories online for all to read.

4. I would do so many things i would like to do like make my wife happy and she is not happy unless she has money or is bitching. Right now I keep her as happy as I can by doing things to make her bitch.

5. Well, you get the pic

6. I would keep the old pick up I have now and have the engine modified so that it would smoke worse than it does now. And have all my friends and relatives just shake their head.

later
wayne

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
I've spent a lot of timing pondering this. I have come to the conclusion that should I ever win a large sum of money I would buy:

(1) New tires for my truck
(2) A sixer of Busch Light

Everything else would work out. It always does.
Come on man...at least splurge a little.....get you a sixer of PBR :D::thumb:

·
Skeptic
165 Posts
First, ensure the financial future of my family, and extended family.
Second, buy anything and everything I want.
Third, donate portions.
Lastly, invest the remainder, after keeping as little bit on hand in case there was something else I wanted.

Yes, I would go crazy spending, but so would everyone once they are given $250 million.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
I'd rent Jerry D. Young's brain and have him plan out a mega-retreat for me. Check out all of his stories here at SB and you'll understand why I would consider ONLY Jerry for the job.

·
Registered
53 Posts
1) Get Out of Debt

2) This is several in one since they're all related. Buy at least 20 acres (location to be determined). Build a house and small farm (chickens, goats, debating on horses or donkeys) and get a nice 4x4 manual truck for farming.

3) Continue to Prepare and Stock

4) Donate to charities, family, and friends

5) I'd take some classes at a community college. I'd really like to get some medical training (first aid, CPR, etc).

6) Invest in a small business (L.L.C.), purchase some gold/silver.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would do a lot of what was posted above me so I won't rehash it. One of the things I had always dreamed about doing was buying something where someone works that terrible to me in the past. An example would be I would buy the small apartment building I first moved into when I moved out of my parent's house and fire the building manager. She was extremely rude to my roommate and I even before we moved in. She thought just because she had two sons our age and they were morons and partied all the time we would be the same way. I would take great satisfaction in letting her go.

I would also pay off my sister's student loans amd pay for my sister-in-law's nursing school.

·
Banned
7,205 Posts
with the inflation thats coming... you would see something like reverse black tuesday.

money is leaving your pocket but its not because of the great depression its because of the great purchases!

Jerry would definatly be the foreman of my new underground NORAD lol.

seriously Jerry should write a book with all the lists hes come up with. and each section has a different money tier based off how much money a person has to suit thier retreats.

i tell you one thing That guy needs to get some security ... because if your dead you cant spend jack!

Reactions: Jerry D Young

·
angel waiting
4,071 Posts
Like most others who posted I would set up a blind trust and stay hidden away, no way would I subject myself to going public. I would also invest and set up trust funds for my daughter and all our neices. Then I would pay off all our debt, buy as much land next to us as I could and start a huge farm. I would love to travel a bit, but don't see any need for flashy cars, jewels or a million dollar home. A good chunk of it would go to those who are way needier than I because lets be honest all that exspensive flashy stuff might be nice at first but wealth never brought happiness but charity there is something that does.

Reactions: MikeK

·
Premium Member
68,758 Posts
After tax my first step would be financial advise and investment. Most of the money would go into as high of yielding safe portfolio as I could find. A goodly chunk would go into metals, even at today's inflated prices. I wouldn't be worried about prices going down, only having them in hand. A goodly chunk would be held as loose cash also.

The with the dividends from the investments, I would build the ultimate retreat. With an emphasis on defense and sustainability. Of course I'd have a high end vault installed for the metals and cash. I'd be set up for biodiesel production and have a good supply of tractors and farm equipment.

With the kind of dividends you could earn from that large of investment, you could live well and do a lot of good in the world without ever having to touch the principle.

I'd donate a big chunk to my church. They really could use a better building.

The rest of the dividends would get donated to various charities as I see fit. The principle would be willed to family, several charities I support, and the NRA.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
This reminds me of a story about two hillbillies. The first hillbilly says to the second, "I haven't seen you around for awhile where ya been ??" The second hillibilly say, "Why I went to college. I spent $40,000 going to college." The first hillbilly says, "well did ya learn anything ??" and the second one replies, "No but I had one Hell of a weekend."

I'd go for a few of those "One Hell of a weekends."

:D:

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.