Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read this from today's news about the FBI catching a hacker and having all his posts from various forums. I care nothing about Miley Cyrus but it is chilling to see the fact that we are monitored so openly discussed. Have a NICE DAY

Hacker Who Posted Racy Miley Cyrus Photos Raided
Oct. 22, 2008, 2:56 PM EST
Zap2It.com

Don't mess with Miley Cyrus because she has the FBI behind her.

Josh Holly, a 19-year-old hacker who posted some racy photos of the "Hannah Montana" star online, was raided by the FBI on Monday, Oct. 20, reports Wired.com.

Then again, Holly didn't make it too hard for the government agents. The teen boasted in interviews to bloggers about how he infiltrated the 15-year-old Cyrus' email account, whereupon he accessed private photos. He then added that the authorities had no chance of catching him since he moved so often.

Contrary to this assertion, the FBI knocked on Holly's door in Murfreesboro, Tenn., on Monday and seized three computers and a phone from his home. They were armed with a dossier of his past online activities, including participating in forums under the name "TrainReq" and a spamming scheme from more than two years ago.

Holly wasn't arrested or charged.

The stolen photos in question were various casual shots of the actress in a wet t-shirt in the shower, showing her midriff, draped over the lap of her then-boyfriend and posing in underwear and a bathing suit.

Cyrus, who recently attended an early public Sweet 16 celebration, apologized for those photos, calling them "silly, inappropriate shots."

Photos: The many looks of Miley

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Let them have their look. I have nothing to hide nor do I engage in any "fringe" activity. I work, raise my family and pay my taxes. My only ambition right now is to get a 150 class B&C buck this year.

However, the constant presence thing is getting kinda old and creepy. Especially with cameras at every intersection. Starting to feel like "1984."

At least the Soviets and KGB were upfront about it with "Morale" and "Political" officers. The feds just get all sneaky about it like a dirty old man checking out a teenager.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understood as well going in that all sites are monitored today. It was a good friend of mine that this post was intended for. You would be surprised at how many people can't believe that we are monitored all the time now. From sruvelance cameras to what you watch on tv. It was just surprising to see them put it in the news story that they had done it. My background was in target marketing at my last job before joining this company. you can tell a lot about a person just from their address. I am not going there. Have a great day all. On this site I don't think anyone has anything to worry about. Just be aware of the implications of putting something on the screen like "I am going to _________>"

·
Registered
177 Posts
the fbi isn't the only institute that monitors the internet. some religious individuals(SDA missionaries) were killed after it was mentioned on a different site that they were visited by some other religious individuals(SDA missionaries).

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
I see nothing there that proves his activities were monitored. forums have archives. if he was reported the LEOs could just investigate. that is SOP for any investigation on-line or not.

·
My Temperature is Right
5,578 Posts
Did anyone ever not suspect that web activity is monitored? Geez if you're stupid enough to broadcast your pervs into the web should you really be allowed to procreate? It's just common sense that most parents teach their kids to tone it down, it rather common knowledge that the periods of relative freedom that are used to separate the wheat from the chaff.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Well,jeez,now I feel better. I don't know which is worse,their intrusion,or your complicity.(I guess if its for the good of all)
If I walk into a public area, like a town hall, school, bar, parking lot, cafe or internet forum, ANYONE can listen. I don't expect them to plug their ears in a bar. Why should I expect them to here?

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
If I walk into a public area, like a town hall, school, bar, parking lot, cafe or internet forum, ANYONE can listen. I don't expect them to plug their ears in a bar. Why should I expect them to here?
Yeah,yeah,Thanks for Nutin. You are part of the problem,what happened to privacy in communication? You and people like you said,alls good here,whats YOUR problem? If this were a bar I could lower my voice and still communicate,WITHOUT fear of being overheard or recorded.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I've wondered a few times what would happen if someone posted a thread about starting a revolution or some illegal action, would the feds investigate the person who wrote the post or all the members of the board? Anyone know?

·
Registered
954 Posts
I've wondered a few times what would happen if someone posted a thread about starting a revolution or some illegal action, would the feds investigate the person who wrote the post or all the members of the board? Anyone know?
You could always try it and see:eek:

Please report back to us if you are in jail !!!!!!:D::D::D:

Just kidding;)

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
Googled me, only 12 items turned up. Mostly adoption and foster care forums, but had ZS forum -not survivalist forum though huh I guess I'm not as important as I thought LOL.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts