Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want one pair of super ultra warm socks that I can keep in my daily carry bag. Something that will keep me warm when wet. Are there gortex or other waterproof super warm socks that are extremly durable?

·
Wanderer
3,269 Posts
Smartwool.
Avoid gore-tex socks, they keep feet dry, but the rest of the boot is soaked and freezes, not good. Better to get gore-tex boots and treat with waterproofing to prevent leather and fabric from soaking up water.

·
Registered
557 Posts
yeah get wool. it is tried and true and keeps its insulating value when wet. but better yet get a good boot. my danners are gortex and waterproof and my feet are always dry. In winter i wear bunny boots and you dont even need socks because your feet will sweat in -40.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just get a pair of the mid-weight smartwool hikers. They're thick enough to keep you warmer, but thin enough you could wear them with tennis shoes when you get home to FL.

Again, get SMARTWOOL. They're expensive, but they last. They don't wear thin like cotton socks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.