Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a concealed carry... if the S hits the F, then I am going to carry regardless....

why worry about people stealing from you.. just shoot the bastards..

why worry about anything really??

If the shtf, then all bets are off.. it WILL be every man for themselves..

Good luck out there...

-MadMike

·
Registered
861 Posts
No if TSHTF I'M not going to worry about a permit either. The TSHF may not happen all at once it may be a gradual thing And I wouldn't want to be arrested for carrying a gun and be in jail if it did happen. There you would be stuck behind bars. Maybe thay wouldn't be able to let you out they my be dead.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think you are thinking of TEOTWAWKI rather than SHTF. There are always SHTF scenarios going on in the U.S. and it doesn't mean all laws go out the window. Even in war zones, people can be prosecuted for shooting people or breaking laws.
If SHTF, where it is possible, laws may be enforced even more strictly.
But who knows. There is are endless possibilities as to how it could all go down.

·
Preparing...
1,302 Posts
Just because you think the SHTF it doesn't mean the rest of the world does. So the police is still likely to be working, however they would probably have other things on their minds such as looters ect so they are unlikely to be too bothered by you carrying a weapon.

IMO

·
Plinker
746 Posts
I haven't as yet applied for a concealed wpns permit although they are readily available in my state. I carried firearms on my person and in cars for nearly 25+ yrs in CA and the same here. Having a wpns permit is like an "announcement" of the fact should you ever be pulled over in another state and show your Drivers License. The same reason I don't display NRA and stickers like "This Car Is Protected By Ruger" etc. The world doesn't need to know that I am armed until the need arises.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Sam43 makes a very valuable point, DON'T ADVERTISE!

I live in an open carry state; generally no hassles from LE and i'm not of a mind to argue about it.

A conceiled weapon permit is the easiest way for the police powers that are coming with the Obamaniacs to take your weapons. Same with "registered" guns. I would not live anywhere that had mandatory registration, a three day wait etc.

Open carry is a deterrent to crime; wear with pride.

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
WTSHTF, I don't plan to be walking around town for an afternoon stroll.

Of course if i had to get some where it would be like the Wild West where you had someone driving shot gun etc.

For the most part i plan on staying on my property tending my garden and gun on hip ready to war to protect house and home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts