Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which AK will be worth more, an unregistered one or a pre-ban registered one?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Simple answer, look at the assault weapons ban. Registered pre-ban weapons were worth much much more because honest people (non-criminals) were buying them. In Los Angeles if you wanted a registered pre-ban AK, it would run you upwards of $3k, if you wanted an illegal full auto AK off the street, you could usually get one for $500-$1000.

--Wintermute

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
What's this "registered" you talk about? Registered with who? OR are you talking a real AK as in "select fire" - hence registered with BATFE?

Allan

·
Registered
631 Posts
Most states do not require you to register a semi automatic rifle. In the case of California I woud take my flag and flee the state. Any weapon that has a paper trail to you can be a problem.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Folks you better get clear on this. There will be a gun ban if Hussien gets into office. Count on it. Ban on all sale AND transfer, including inheritance.

The part that is not clear is if they will attempt to take them away, which it appears they will try to do and are putting man power in place and planning for the attempt.

Running the numbers several times and trying to gauge the big talkers vs the doers it still looks like about 7.2 million gun battles across the country, for a grab that will miss 40% of the guns.

If the constitution is subverted, we can assume an internal enemy take over of the US govt. Known also as "Enemies Domestic".

Enemies Domestic is a federalist term to describe govt. Not how they use it to describe the people.
No matter how you run the numbers it will turn the US into another Beirut or Somalia.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This has more to do with the gun ban.
DON'T ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN! Do not vote for Obama. Do not let him take away your firearms. You are legal gun owners, not criminals. I'm in Canada, Ontario. Worst province for firearm owners. Not as bad as California, but bad. You do not want your country to end up like ours with regards to gun owners. The Liberals can't seem to realise that a criminal who just killed a person is not going to give up his Norinco .45ACP 1911 knockoff because it's suddenly illegal. I doubt Obama will as well.
As I've said many times before, being a gun owner doesn't make is criminals, crazy ******** nor Yosemite Sam. It makes us gun owners. That is all.

·
Registered
350 Posts
What's this "registered" you talk about? Registered with who? OR are you talking a real AK as in "select fire" - hence registered with BATFE?

Allan
The reference is towards the method in which the previous gun ban worked. If your weapon wasn't registered prior to or at the beginning of the ban, you weren't legally allowed to own it nor sell it. Pre-ban registered weapons were legal for private sale and were extremely expensive because law abiding citizens were buying them. Unregistered weapons which fell under the idiotic controls of the ban were actually rather inexpensive since the criminals were the only ones buying them.

--Wintermute

·
Registered
442 Posts
This has more to do with the gun ban.
DON'T ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN! Do not vote for Obama. Do not let him take away your firearms.
Considering that the media and the sheeple are in the tank for B. Hussein, and all his bots are perpetrating voter fraud nationwide, only that last sentence may prove effective in the end.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
or you can just ban the importation of ammo and the prices shoot up for all the domestic ammo, so that only the very rich can afford it.

oh looky, thats happening now as we speak...

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
I don't own any guns or have any ammo here. Gun ban? What guns? Like my buddy down the street told you, all of his guns are at the bottom of the sea from when his yacht sank. All you have to do is go down to the bottom of the Marianas Trench and take a right turn.... Guns? What guns?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts