Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. Can someone please identify all the "bling" and gear on this AR?

I know we got an Aimpoint and what looks possibly like some Troy Industries BUIS....some Magpul rail covers....14-inch barrel?

...buts that's all I got. What's everything else? I mean everything on this rifle. Thanks.

·
that's like, your opinion
17,825 Posts
Alright. Can someone please identify all the "bling" and gear on this AR?

I know we got an Aimpoint and what looks possibly like some Troy Industries BUIS....some Magpul rail covers....14-inch barrel?

...buts that's all I got. What's everything else? I mean everything on this rifle. Thanks.

MAGPUL MIAD pistol grip (i love that thing)... tango down shorty vertical grip with QD lever... extended charging handle latch

for the life of me i cant tell what kind of stock that is...

·
Banned
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome. Thanks.

Trying to figure out the free-float handguard, and whatever is being used at the end of the muzzle there...

·
planner and prepper
403 Posts
buis is MI with aimpoint micro, the grip is MOE and the stock is a UBR.
The Noveske flaming pig (KX3) breaks are cool looking, I like them a lot. The folding front site also appears to be one that looks like the HK type/MP5 front sights, you can tell by the curve. I will say I dislike the Magpul XTM rail covers, they are nice if you want that multi-color camo look, but they are a pain in the but to get on and off.

The stock as others have said is a magpul UBR with the stock storage panels removed. Just about everything on that rifle comes up for sale in the used sections of ar15.com and you can save a fair amount of money on parts. Some guys over there apparently have lots of disposable income. I picked up my UBR from a guy that bought it, didn't like it and I got it for $175 shipped, it looked new in the box.

And Thank you for your service Marine

·
Registered
615 Posts
Noveske makes quality. I know of several door kickers that run them. Owning a Noveske doesn't make you a nerd, it means you're informed.
:thumb::thumb:Yes Noveske makes VERY nice stuff...... Got the 7.5 Diplomat with the KX3 on the end for my SBR build.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Likely a shorter 10.5 or 11.5 barrel and the KX-3 flash/blast suppressor and OAL might be legal if it's permanent. It's not a 14.5" or 16.5" barrel.

Optic is either Aimpoint Micro or Primary Arms in a Larue Mount.

Troy sights.

Magpul furniture and covers, cept for the foregrip which I am not sure of.

The rail is a Larue 12.0".

Trigger is a Geissele 2 stage DMR with small pins.

Larue QD Push-Buttom swivel mount up front.

·
Plays best, alone
4,972 Posts
Just goes to show, beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder. That does nothing for me. I'm just old fashioned I quess, but have fun with it.:)

·
coffee enthusiast
218 Posts
Hard to say... Definitely a Magpul MOE grip. Don't know what the insert choice is, as there are several. The vertical grip appears to be a Bobro, and it almost looks like a Noveske KX3 flash supressor, but I cannot be sure.

·
Joshua 24:14-15
980 Posts
MR,

If you like the look and function of the longer rail, you might consider the JP. I'm not sure if it will appeal to you or not, but it is light and they make a 15.5" version.

To keep it light you don't have to run any more rails on the tube than necessary, but that also keeps a person from being able to put those covers on the rails. A person can add the rails to it if they wanted to.

It's different than what you have pictured here, but it makes for a nice looking carbine. Of course looks are subjective.

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.4_hg.php

1 - 20 of 34 Posts