Survivalist Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
After Tour of Idaho

Well the wife and I just spent the bulk of this week in Idaho exploring. Since we had been to Twin Falls several times I knew we don't want to live there. LOL
Too many steeples in Rexburg.
Got shivered at and flipped off for having Ca plates on my truck while driving normally and within the speed limit in Star and also did not appreciate the looks in either Cambridge or Council. I am ok, but my wife would not stand it for long.
Pocatello and Idaho Falls are nice places and the folks i talked to seem to not care about the Steeple garbage.
We are now actively looking to work with an agent and I already have a lender as well as a decent pre-qual.
The trip was hard on the road miles, but well worth it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well the wife and I just spent the bulk of this week in Idaho exploring. Since we had been to Twin Falls several times I knew we don't want to live there. LOL
Got shivered at and flipped off for having Ca plates on my truck while driving normally and within the speed limit in Star and also did not appreciate the looks in either Cambridge or Council. I am ok, but my wife would not stand it for long.
Pocatello and Idaho Falls are nice places and the folks i talked to seem to not care about the Steeple garbage.
We are now actively looking to work with an agent and I already have a lender as well as a decent pre-qual.
Yeah... We in Idaho have a general problem with Californians. The problem arose sometime in the 80's I would guess.

Firstly, the housing market as a result of the migration is so high that nobody can buy a house unless you came from Cali.

Secondly, what tends to happen is Californians leave their area to come here and drag all the rules and regulations that ruined Cali with them and implement them here. The baffling part is they are generally too stupid to have a remote understanding of why it's screwed up.

Thirdly, Californians screwed up California and then fled like cowards rather than fix it. I don't trust nor like cowards and would prefer they stay away.

Lastly, many think adult Californians are bad... Try being around their jacked up kids for 5 minutes without having the innate desire to crush their skulls with an 8 pound hammer. California kids, mostly, are the most disrespectful, parasitic, scumbags in this country. Notice is said MOSTLY.

So, now you know why you get the looks. We in Idaho have been dealing with this garbage for almost 40 years. I can attest, this state is not near what it used to be.

I know this doesn't apply to all. If you're cool, then cool, but others that came before you made us hate you regardless. The sooner you change your plates and never mention California again, the better off you'll be.

·
Registered
9,537 Posts
Formerly Gem, then Ada and now Payette county...and yes Idaho is being overrun by out of state nesters and investors. Seems to be either families looking for a fresh start or carpet baggers off the I 5, corridor looking to make a quick buck...

Reactions: buckfynn

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yeah... We in Idaho have a general problem with Californians. The problem arose sometime in the 80's I would guess.

Firstly, the housing market as a result of the migration is so high that nobody can buy a house unless you came from Cali.

Secondly, what tends to happen is Californians leave their area to come here and drag all the rules and regulations that ruined Cali with them and implement them here. The baffling part is they are generally too stupid to have a remote understanding of why it's screwed up.

Thirdly, Californians screwed up California and then fled like cowards rather than fix it. I don't trust nor like cowards and would prefer they stay away.

Lastly, many think adult Californians are bad... Try being around their jacked up kids for 5 minutes without having the innate desire to crush their skulls with an 8 pound hammer. California kids, mostly, are the most disrespectful, parasitic, scumbags in this country. Notice is said MOSTLY.

So, now you know why you get the looks. We in Idaho have been dealing with this garbage for almost 40 years. I can attest, this state is not near what it used to be.

I know this doesn't apply to all. If you're cool, then cool, but others that came before you made us hate you regardless. The sooner you change your plates and never mention California again, the better off you'll be.
Do you hate many other things this much?
Hate? Like Trump haters..never met em but hate em anyway...mmmm Well I guess your in vogue because hating seems to be the in thing now.
I'm just glad I've been vaccinated from it

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
After Tour of Idaho

I am interested in what it was about Twin Falls that put you off of it. I am seriously considering relocating there or Idaho Falls, will know more after investigating in the near future. Are you willing to allow me to pick your brain?

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am interested in what it was about Twin Falls that put you off of it. I am seriously considering relocating there or Idaho Falls, will know more after investigating in the near future. Are you willing to allow me to pick your brain?

Thanks
Low pay, higher prices on everything, crime is steadily on the increase, CSI is bringing in refugees by the bus load, traffic is getting ridiculous, California transplants are flooding in and bringing their politics, druggies are abundant, it isn't horrible but they pay lower than anywhere in the state and the prices are getting ridiculous and it's creating all sorts of issues. I ran like hell for the better pay in the treasure valley.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts