Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Son Of Liberty
1,871 Posts
Come on KEV, if your going to post pictures of spiders make sure they are puddles on your shoe.........I hate spiders.

·
28 Days Later
1,647 Posts
jesus Christ kev, i just did a Google search and Texas has over 900 species of small spiders alone lol.

oh and kev, can you put a measurement next to it? it would reduce the search.

·
Registered
525 Posts
think you lucked out

The crumpled carcass looks too dark to be from a brown or desert recluse, no scale to be sure, but looks too big to be a recluse, and it's not a black widow spider, so in Texas, that is receiving a pass on this encounter. Like the other post, there is not enough for me to get much traction in the identification department. Don't know if you felt it because it was munching on you, but if its not one of those two bad guys we have in the state, it wont ruin your day. Hmmm, maybe you need to consider splashing on a 50/50 mix of cologne and DEET each morning, might be a good practice in east Texas. You seem to be attracting spiders, maybe they like you, ha. My grandmother would recommending bathing in coal oil as a preventative, kerosene to you that are under about 50 years old.

·
Simple Man
428 Posts
looks alot like the Wolf spiders we have here in Michigan.

Kind of hard to see in the pic.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
That species is called the 'Squishius Spdercus'. They are found very commonly around dark, damp areas, much like Kev's neck. ;)

Glad I could clear that up for ya. :D

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this more like a trick question. The light is too poor, and its been squashed so I figure there would be no way to ID it like this.

But the question got yall to thinking.

'Squishius Spdercus' sounds close enough to me for an ID.

·
Registered
39 Posts

i dont think its a woods wolf spider, not shure i dont think is posions, i live in a old house burn fire wood for heat, as a kid the house would be coold sleep by the heat blower vents and wake up with brown spider's bigger than a silver $ on me , but i fear spider's more than snakes in this part of the contry, hell we only got copper heads here and iv never seen one in my 27 years living in the sand stone coverd woods on a farm im in south verry east ohio, seen a timber cutter lose his thum musles from a woods wolf spider

1 - 13 of 13 Posts