Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question, what kind of snake is this? Even though I had my AK 47 with me, the snake was left alive and in one piece.

The snake was about 4 feet long.

Date: April 26th, 2008

·
Hunter/Farmer
1,950 Posts
Elaphe obsoleta lindheimeri
Thanks Kev for not going Pacino on him.
"Say ello to my little friend! Blam, blam, blam, blam!":D

·
Pastor
1,965 Posts
yummy !!
Snake cabobs.
Please pass the garlic ;)

·
Son Of Liberty
1,871 Posts
Its a cow sucker!!

Its a big rat snake really if I am correct, this one would be called a Texas rat snake.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Elaphe obsoleta lindheimeri
Thanks Kev for not going Pacino on him.
"Say ello to my little friend! Blam, blam, blam, blam!":D
It would have been more like

"Die you demon from HELL!!" - KABoom, KAboom, KAboom. I only had about 15 rounds in the AK. So I could have only blasted him into about 15, 16, 17 pieces.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
It would have been more like

"Die you demon from HELL!!" - KABoom, KAboom, KAboom. I only had about 15 rounds in the AK. So I could have only blasted him into about 15, 16, 17 pieces.

But its so much more fun to beat it to death and put it on the neighbors porch.They might not talk to you for a long time after this,but hey you'll get a chuckle out of it.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
There is only 2 kinds of snakes,

Alive ones and dead ones :D

Before you killed it i'm guessing its a Chicken Snake?

·
Always watching from afar
292 Posts
Looks like a lumpy snake. LOL no idea but I wouldn't have killed it either, not poisonous.

·
PPG flyer
2,789 Posts
Looks like a rat snake to me,Texas rat snake.or called a chicken snake.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I look at the head. If it's not a pit viper and poisionus, then I would most likely leave it alone. However, if it were in/near my home I would kill it no matter . Would scare the wife to death.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Learning the good snakes from the dangerous snakes is an essential skill and will someday pay off big time.

I always got great joy out of finding one then trying to identify it.

One of my friends at work is scared to death of anything that lacks visible legs, slithers and comes with a forked tongue......he refers to all of them as CopperHeaded Water Rattlers. LOL

·
Registered
728 Posts
we have two kinds here, the adder witch if you are fit , you will not die if bitten, and the other is the grass snake and it will not hert you.

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
Education, education, education. I dont want to patronise here but snakes have a place in the ecology and to kill indiscriminately is only to upset the ballance, suddenly you have rats every where and nothing to controll them, come on guys whats the matter with you all surely a field guide will put minds to rest here.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts