Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have realised overnight that a lot of the fighting and aggression in Religious is exactly what we were all doing in the dark side.

Fighting/warring/sparring/testing/joking - but possibly mainly taking our minds off our own problems so that we don't dump anything out in the real world. Plus, it's fun.

So go for it people. Fight. It's good. How can I refuse you lot something I have needed myself? Fight away.

All the best for the future,

Love Bridgie.

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
Well, I have never went to the "Dark Side"( it's too evil), so I don't know what they do over there......but what I've found, alot of folks have misperceptions......For instance, to some folks , if you disagree, you're arguing.... to others, it's bashing.... if you have " the gift of gab" ( as we call it here, down South) and can word things, you can be clever( meaning you can dis someone without them knowing it)......if you're "silver tongued" , you can dis someone and they agree with you. I've been debating since I was a kid......debating is an American cornerstone. We debate , by 'nature'. That's not a bad thing.......many debates have involved a person's integrity, as that has influenced opinions. Kev's rules are, no personal attacks. Some folks find that impossible to do.......99.9% don't.

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
bridgie....come back to the light!!!!
Hmmm....interesting.....you'd perceive that as her going to the "dark side". I took it as her just leaving the site."If I was you and you was me, you'd think I'd switch the drinks, but since you're not me and I'm not you , I won't. You're intellect is dizzying , indeed."

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bridgie....come back to the light!!!!
I have now Ohio. Thanks, that means a lot.

I will be saying goobye though. Posted a little bit of a swansong in Womens if anyone wants to see it.

You've all been really tremendous to me but that's all of you. I've had a pretty bad year and I've leaned on SB very heavily and I'm very grateful for it.

Best to all, and I am sorry AJ left, I'm sorry Dwind left, I'm sorry the dark side has offended so many. I certainly didn't know that American women were so anti naughty jokes till ... well, ha. About 2 days ago?

Cultural differences? We are deeply shocked in NZ if a woman takes off her top but it's all over American shows - bikini this, bikini that. You are deeply shocked if we tell rude jokes.

I didn't know. Did eventually work out I was the only woman left in there... lol.

I think the name should change for that place. I think it shouild be called 'the locker room'. I think the men here need a locker room, a place to be blokes together without the women watching. If anyone likes that is probably what they should suggest.

love, Bridgie.

·
Registered
33,067 Posts
Bridgie, I really hate for you to go! Just for the record I have never been offended by the Dark side...I just didn't care.

You have always been a bright spot here, NZ is very blessed to have a person like you there!

Best Wishes!

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Cultural differences? We are deeply shocked in NZ if a woman takes off her top but it's all over American shows - bikini this, bikini that. You are deeply shocked if we tell rude jokes.
Well... we could compromise by switching roles and adjusting to the shock... we could tell rude jokes to you, then you take off your top. :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts