Do U Want To Live Forever
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to complain about how hot it is... then I realized that at least:

1. It isn't 125 degrees;

2. I'm not 5,700 miles from home

3. I'm not dressed in a full BDU uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs
and

4. there is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today!

Thanks to all who serve in our fine military! God Bless y'all.:thumb:

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
That's pretty much what I say to anyone who complains about the heat.

Also don't admit that you're hot. Helps me feel cooler, if only psychologically.

·
Left the building
9,363 Posts
I go out of my way to thank these young warriors. I've met a lot of them at the range...that have been injured, and disfigured. The enemy may take a leg...or both, burn them in an explosion...or shoot them. But you can't kill their spirit, or love of this nation. As hot as it's been here.....a young man I met the other day had sweat rolling down his face while shooting. Not one complaint. Bet it was cooler than where he'd once been.

One young man in particular last year, I gave all my .45ACP brass to, because he reloaded. He was missing both legs....and had been severely burned on his left side from an IED. You might imagine the heat the man suffered. It's not hot in Texas.........

·
Molon Labe
6,052 Posts
Couldn't have said it better myself. See a vet both young and old thank them for all our freedoms. To all our vets both near and far, Thank You

1 - 9 of 9 Posts