Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
In Alabama, 95% of those who died were over 65. If you take blood pressure medicines or are diabetic, it seems to open the door for Covid19. The elderly still need to be protected. Wear a mask around the elderly, and or if you are elderly, wear a mask, as well as washing your hands often. At least until a vaccine is available.

Compare New York and Florida. Florida early on, protected their nursing homes and retirement communities. New York sent elderly patients with Covid19 to the nursing homes where they spread it and caused a massive death rate. Florida is more spread out and open. New York city is high rise with crowded elevators, subways, and buses where the disease is easily spread. Florida as a a few million more people than New York, yet had far fewer cases than New York.

This stuff is also spread in multi-generational households thus the higher rates for blacks.

I had a grandson (22) and a nephew (20) get it and get over it without taking anything. Only had bad symptoms a couple of days and a dry cough for a week to 10 days. I had a BIL get it (69) and almost die if it wasn't for Hydroxycloriquinine and zinc he took for 10 days. He developed pneumonia, but started hydroxy and zinc about 2 days after his symptoms started. They started fast and hit him hard.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
they figured out that putting people on ventilators was a death sentence so they stopped using them. medical community is much better at treating cases after a few months, so - they are very good, and figure things out fast, treatment options are better I'm sure.

respiratory diseases like this from what I've been able to look up, have no 2nd wave - they are just here. The 2nd wave is a direct reference to the 1918 flu, and a scare tactic to make things seems worse than they were.

Well, then and sending Covid patient on purpose into nursing homes, which is murder .. but, whatever -- not like the Left isn't insane enough, what's murdering some old people to damage the country, to try to win the next presidential election … just another day … hey, let's burn the country down and get rid of the police! Maybe that's the ticket … ****

·
Swirl Herder
3,626 Posts
Since the OP doesn't have any references/links, here are some from a doctor in the US and a doctor in Italy who both suggest the virus (or the response of patients) may have changed:

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/...as-become-less-prevalent-and-less-severe.html

Fewer people are testing positive for COVID-19 and those who test positive don’t seem to be getting as sick, a UPMC doctor said Thursday.

“All signs that we have available right now show that this virus is less prevalent than it was weeks ago,” said Dr. Donald Yealy, the chair of emergency medicine at UPMC.

Yealy further said, among people who test positive, “the total amount of the virus the patient has is much less than in the earlier stages of the pandemic.”
https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...-less-deadly-in-Italy-health-expert-says.aspx

An Italian health expert and the head of the San Rafaelle Hospital in Milan, Alberto Zangrillo, said that the virus, which causes the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), clinically no longer exists in Italy.

"The swabs that were performed over the last ten days showed a viral load in quantitative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal compared to the ones carried out a month or two months ago," he added.

But this more recent publication includes discussion of both the above claims/reports and responses of other doctors/experts:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ay-coronavirus-appears-declining-potency.html

Experts and representatives of Johns Hopkins University, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, George Washington University and Northwell Health also said they were not aware of evidence suggesting that the virus had changed.

'The suggestion by the Italian doctor is potentially dangerous as it gives false reassurance based on no evidence,' said Leana Wen, an emergency physician and public health professor at George Washington University.

'There is no scientific evidence for there having been a change in the coronavirus. It's a highly transmittable and highly contagious disease. We need to be as on guard as ever.'
Martin Hibberd, a professor of emerging infectious disease at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, said major studies looking at genetic changes in the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19 did not support the idea that it was becoming less potent, or weakening in any way.
So it is all far from certain either way........ and hence way too early to say anything is completely wrong or right.

·
Registered
34,374 Posts
As I have commented on the past:
Most viruses fade away rather than burn out.

But the helpful looters will help us to find out which sooner.

Hopefully by July. I have no interest of attending a Gunshow that requires masks, or doing carryout vs dining in.

I'll just stay "home" (went and played in the creek today) till things are "normal" again.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I agree with others; we're still in the first wave.

Flu and viruses have a harder time spreading during warm weather, and their germs have a harder time surviving on surfaces, becoming weaker sooner outside with the long hot days of summer and with the stronger summer sun.

Early on, they thought that it may go away or significantly decrease for a bit around July, and then return in the fall. Still may; I don't know.

It could still survive and spread in air conditioned places such as offices, stores, theaters, etc.

·
Freedom isn't free.
6,125 Posts
Another thing to bring up here is that predators often cull the weakest targets first. Maybe the people easiest to kill have already been removed from the gene pool. Maybe what's left of the population is more able to survive the disease? More effective social distancing lifestyle? initial contact was with smaller more manageable viral loads?

If the 1,965,708 known cases in the U.S are 15% of the total cases...then 13,104,720 people have been infected. We assume that those people have immunity but some cases show that immunity is not guaranteed from surviving infection.

If 13,104,720 people in the US have been infected out of a possible 330,000,000 population then that means that only 4% of the total population has been infected so far with 96% of the population left to infect. That's a lot of people to infect then damage or kill.

IMO, It's not even close to being over unless it dies off for some unexpected reason or mutates into something else that's benign.

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
Another thing to bring up here is that predators often cull the weakest targets first. Maybe the people easiest to kill have already been removed from the gene pool. Maybe what's left of the population is more able to survive the disease? More effective social distancing lifestyle? initial contact was with smaller more manageable viral loads?

If the 1,965,708 known cases in the U.S are 15% of the total cases...then 13,104,720 people have been infected. We assume that those people have immunity but some cases show that immunity is not guaranteed from surviving infection.

If 13,104,720 people in the US have been infected out of a possible 330,000,000 population then that means that only 4% of the total population has been infected so far with 96% of the population left to infect. That's a lot of people to infect then damage or kill.

IMO, It's not even close to being over unless it dies off for some unexpected reason or mutates into something else that's benign.
I agree with this. Liberals on my feed keep repeating 100K dead, how is that good? When "everyone" gets infected, it will be about 500k-1.5m dead

We are spreading it out over a longer period of time. Opening up will definitely increase the spread, but as long as it stays under the level where hospitals are flooded I think that is the best we can do.

·
statists' be statin'
3,340 Posts
One of the cruise ships that got it - we now know that 81% of those who tested positive had no symptoms. We also know that 41% of those who died were in nursing homes - the most compromised of the compromised.

The anecdotal evidence also suggests that a lot of the deaths from covid were likely caused by something else, even if the patient tested positive for covid.

I have a couple of medical issues and would be in the risk group. I was nervous at first. After seeing how few people got this, how many are asymptomatic, and that the few fatalities seem to be in a very narrow group of people, I'm ready to get life 100% back to normal.

We didn't know what we know now so I'm not mad at anyone who called for the shutdown. But we know enough now that any shutdown that continues is trying to extend the pain as long as possible for reasons other than the virus.

·
Awesome
16,786 Posts
I've been saying it for months now that the media was selling you a laundry list of bull**** to fuel mass hysteria. Now that they have something else to focus their attention on, nobody cares about the virus. All those people who told you it was imperative to wear masks and distance yourselves are with protesters doing neither. It was an attack on our economy by the political left, and many people, even here, fell for it.

The sad part is, all those people who fell for it will continue to watch and listen to the same media, and still buy their BS. They will not man up, admit they were wrong, and learn from their mistakes that the media cannot be trusted.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,233 Posts
Doctors and nurses in hospitals appear to be getting more severe cases than the general public. There is a new theory that says the severity may be partially tied to repeat exposure.

A doctor in Italy claims that in 99% of the deaths in Italy, there was an underlying health problem.

And Fauci is now saying a second wave in the fall may or may not come. There likely will be one, so everyone here should plan to be prepped and ready, just in case.

·
Gumpherhooberpelt
4,848 Posts
:-: BRAZIL :-:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/brazil/
As the USA moves into summer, and the infection rate decreases (as well as the death rate), the situation in Brazil is the opposite.
They're heading into their winter season, and cases and deaths are on a steep increase. Though the nation's population is smaller than the USA, its daily tally is now worse than the USA. (1400 vs 1100 fatalities).
We can only hope that this fall doesn't come with a new cycle of infections.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts