Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not too wild about the thing bouncing around while I'm running. Seems like it would flop around and be loud.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
I think it is pretty sweet. Maybe it could ride in the BOB until things a little warm, as in getting ready to happen. I'll need to think about it.

·
Darting from the shadows
5,760 Posts
Personally, that seems a little big for a shoulder bag to me, I'd prefer something a lot smaller, just something that can tide me over until I get back to my BOB.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I like it! My only objection is that in this country seeing people with backpacks is much more common than seeing a hip pack like shown. Not always a big deal, but why risk causing suspicion when you don't have to?

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
Rather have it as a ruc or chest rig. Bit of a butch man bag as it is on the pics.

·
V
21,713 Posts
I actually kinda like it, I have a similar style of bag (but without the weapons and ammo)

In black it doesnt turn any heads walking down the road, I spent quite sometime watching people with the bags they carry and how, before I chose the bag I did, this is just a more militant version OD with big mag pouches :thumb:

·
Banned
404 Posts
Wouldn't all the weight on one side make your back and hips sore?
don't interject any reality into this tactical dream ok buddy!;):D:

ill add this. ( some of it will be sarcastic so if you cant laugh,,,well)

take your standard i wanna be like jack freaking buaer bag. load up 4-5 mags, water bottle shemagh( seems everyone has them) multi tool,cell phone,ipod, cliff bar, blow out kit,gloves(make sure they are hatch or nomex ones)sunglasses, mini tactical pry bar, fighting knife, folder, pen,pad, extra cell phone battery, mini survival kit,cleaning kit for rifle and one maxipad(in case your a girl) make sure you have a moral patch or two on there( remember the bag has to blend in with sheeple)

grab it from the ________________( insert truck,car trunk, back seat,floor, desk,wall hanger,filling cabinet,behind the toilet)

now, grab your rifle, your sidearm.... and run out the door....run now...dont just jog.

OMG zombies to your right, go to cover or go prone AS FAST AS you can as if you was really fighting...oh and to be really cool( cuase you got the bag for it).. make sure your explodeing off the x and return fire as you do so....reload now on the move!
oh check,cover, move,, your BO remember keep moving..drink some h20 for that 16 oz bottle ...OH NOEZ more zombies.... repeat over and over go prone, on your side,weak hand,do transistion drills with it.

now OMG ZOMBIES....
grab basic fighting load ( rack,vest etc) sling it on, grab rifle, run out the door/car/truck and do the same....

wanna lay money down, youll be faster with your rig than a man purse set up?

this is reality here-
if you have to open carry and use your fighting rifle it wont matter what color it is, or what you have on! Why limit yourself?
Now if your LEO, the bags hold a use, where you may need to grab and go fast with a rifle... but were talking survival aka-shtf here.

while it may look cool to be like jack or will smith( i am legend ) its not as easy as most think!

YMMV......

eta: i wanna add im not bashing the design or the mods to make the bag,its a good idea of turning one thing into another. just feel the concept of the murse/bail outbag is kinda off.

·
V
21,713 Posts
No need to return fire Bob zombies dont use guns :upsidedown:

I use my bag often on walks and scouting/mooching about the woods, what can I say its comfortable for me.

Then again I dont have a combat load I see few reasons I'd need a combat load and if anything got so bad as I did need a combat load it would be exactly that a "combat load" mag pouches and water bottles,no fluff! not even a butt bag, but then thats the combat loads I know,have used in the passed and trained with back in the day. Maybe its a location thing or maybe its a scenario blindspot on my part................ who knows. Maybe we have different ideas of a combat loadout, for instance theres everyday web load then the combat load I mentioned.

Vest's I'm limited in my knowledge I know the oldstuff was bloody uncomfortable when forced prone and with the mag pouches awkward to access in that position, I dare say things have changed dramaticaly since my experiences but I guess once a bad impression is made it sticks.

Now Ive read some of your posts Bob seen your Youtube and read your Blog we have a similar mindset on alot of things SO either your not as smart as you think you are OR I'm smarter than I thought I was :D:
But load outs is one thing where our opinions vary greatly like i say maybe its a perspective/scenario/ location difference or .............. just a different set of experiences.

·
Banned
404 Posts
No need to return fire Bob zombies dont use guns :upsidedown:

I use my bag often on walks and scouting/mooching about the woods, what can I say its comfortable for me.

Then again I dont have a combat load I see few reasons I'd need a combat load and if anything got so bad as I did need a combat load it would be exactly that a "combat load" mag pouches and water bottles,no fluff! not even a butt bag, but then thats the combat loads I know,have used in the passed and trained with back in the day. Maybe its a location thing or maybe its a scenario blindspot on my part................ who knows. Maybe we have different ideas of a combat loadout, for instance theres everyday web load then the combat load I mentioned.

Vest's I'm limited in my knowledge I know the oldstuff was bloody uncomfortable when forced prone and with the mag pouches awkward to access in that position, I dare say things have changed dramaticaly since my experiences but I guess once a bad impression is made it sticks.

Now Ive read some of your posts Bob seen your Youtube and read your Blog we have a similar mindset on alot of things SO either your not as smart as you think you are OR I'm smarter than I thought I was :D:
But load outs is one thing where our opinions vary greatly like i say maybe its a perspective/scenario/ location difference or .............. just a different set of experiences.
meant zombies,,um figuratively of course:D:

i agree loads outs vary per senerio . BUT if you look at how most folks use these bags or at least how they show them( aka- the article linked) i think some seriuos issues would show up under "combat" use. my lil sarcastic list was complied from what most post that they shove in these bags. Im sure if you listed what your "fighting load out" was it wouldnt be off from mine!

its an opinion, i dont care for man bags/murse's/bail out bags etc for "fighting"
now wandering around the countryside fishing, dayhiking, etc. go for it. ive done it before, found under any real load it sucked and went back to day packs....on the LEO end the bag has warranted need, on the shtf senerio side of things, its different. Two schools there on the gear gray ( i wanna blend in) Open ,,both can do the same but neither is good at both if you get my drift

FWIW- i dont have a blog....thats "dave"...
i dont try to think im smart, you get yourself in trouble that way ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts