Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else watch this excellent show on bio?
They have episodes about people faced with life-and-death scenarios like plane crashes in the wilderness; boats and ships getting swamped by tidal waves; getting lost in the outback, etc..

Some of the home invasion, abduction and robbery stories send chills down my spine at how cruel bad guys can be, and how much physical trauma the human body is capable of withstanding.

Then at the end of the show they summarize details about survival/victim thoughts, feelings and criminal sentencing, and/or how they would do things differently

Check it out

·
Careful of the quiet ones
277 Posts
Anybody else watch this excellent show on bio?
They have episodes about people faced with life-and-death scenarios like plane crashes in the wilderness; boats and ships getting swamped by tidal waves; getting lost in the outback, etc..

Some of the home invasion, abduction and robbery stories send chills down my spine at how cruel bad guys can be, and how much physical trauma the human body is capable of withstanding.

Then at the end of the show they summarize details about survival/victim thoughts, feelings and criminal sentencing, and/or how they would do things differently

Check it out
Ha ha!!
I watch it...and do you know why?? Because it shows you so many times of what NOT to do! I really like the show though - and I really enjoy it when they show the actual rescue photo at the end.
I was just joking with my adult daughter a couple days ago - they need to call it - I survived but shouldn't have.
Like the episode of the man, woman and two kids that went into the AZ desert to have a picnic, she lived there all her life yet with every step she did the exact opposite of what she was supposed to do in an emergency.
Or the city couple on a date here in Cali that went hiking in the mountains wearing shorts and running shoes and got lost for DAYS and DAYS during the winter.

But then there are those shows that show you just how smart, mentally and physically strong, and determined some humans are; and that is great to me.
Like the long distance runner with the broken pelvis and her faithful dog. Ya it is a really good show.

And there are times when the show just becomes too much for me and I hit mute - like the episodes where they have lasted 23 days without food, dragged themselves across the Sahara desert, put McGyver to shame with the ingenuity they have come up with to survive...and they see a rescue copter coming right at them...they get elated, shout with happiness, hug each other...and the copter or plane doesn't even see them and they have to last for another 23 days ...oh that is just impossible to imagine.

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What i find so amazing is the lack of preparedness demonstrated by some of the people on that show and that they actually managed to survive. Brilliant idea, let's go sailboating without any radio, food, water or life preservers! LoL

..Or the dummy metal detecting in the rugged Australian outback bush equipped only with a .5L of bottled water and no knife LoL

Lots of useful information may be obtained from this show

·
Careful of the quiet ones
277 Posts
What i find so amazing is the lack of preparedness demonstrated by some of the people on that show and that they actually managed to survive. Brilliant idea, let's go sailboating without any radio, food, water or life preservers! LoL

..Or the dummy metal detecting in the rugged Australian outback bush equipped only with a .5L of bottled water and no knife LoL

Lots of useful information may be obtained from this show
OMG ya you just reminded me of that guy - on heart meds; out with a metal detector in the outback..........without a single thing wandering around...ugh...or ya that family with little kids that traveled the world on their boat, then hit the coral reef, started sinking and the wife picks up the satellite radio AND THEN DROPS IT IN THE WATER!!!!!!! I just about slapped the TV!!

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one guy who got his arm stuck in a boiler and had to cut it off with a dirty, dull hacksaw made me change the channel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I liked the one where the middle aged woman overcame a professional hired by her ex husband to kill her, and she ended up killing him and escaping instead.

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Too much paranormal psychic/medium/channeler, 'Celebrity Ghost Stories' nonsense on Bio sometimes. That show about psychic children is just plain stupid. Those kids are going to have some issues later in life..

I'd like to get all the episodes of 'I Survived' on DVD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts