Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I'm out in public, I seem to be looking at the people around me in a different way now. I wonder how many of them would survive post SHTF. Sad thing is, I think most will be dead. Very creepy! Its kind of strange, knowing that I have a secret life of prepping, and wonder if any of them also prep. I'm also saddened by the fact that it will be too dangerous to go about my life the way it is now. Just taking my dog for a walk like I do every day, will cease. I can't imagine how hard it will be on her when she can no longer go out and play. She'll wonder why I stopped and probably think she did something wrong. Very sad....:(

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
Every time I'm out in public, I seem to be looking at the people around me in a different way now. I wonder how many of them would survive post SHTF. Sad thing is, I think most will be dead. Very creepy! Its kind of strange, knowing that I have a secret life of prepping, and wonder if any of them also prep. I'm also saddened by the fact that it will be too dangerous to go about my life the way it is now. Just taking my dog for a walk like I do every day, will cease. I can't imagine how hard it will be on her when she can no longer go out and play. She'll wonder why I stopped and probably think she did something wrong. Very sad....:(
I stopped wondering about the walking dead simply because it depressed me too much.

·
Tell the truth, coward.
15,585 Posts
You're half way through adjusting.

When you get all the way you will realise that you may not be the only thinking person around and that many of the people you see will certainly have skills of survival.

·
workin on it......
1,110 Posts
I've been looking at people like that also. I'm always on the lookout for wild foods and weeds growing and making note of where I see them. I'm also taking note of where I see hand garden implements as yard decorations.

I've also figured out why going to this one shopping center always bothers me and makes me uncomfortable. It's because there only one way to get in and out of it in a vehicle. Now, on foot theres fields on two sides and the interstate on another, but by vehicle you have to come and go in one area. Theres no other way out. It's like a big cul-de-sac.That wouldn't make it very easy to leave the place if something went down.

·
Unplug your T.V.
10 Posts
I spend a few hours each day reading, learning, educating myself about surviving on my own efforts. I agree, I look around and it's safe to say that most people are screwed. When the grocery store's closes down most people will be at a loss.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you going to be one of them?

How is your plan and preps?
I certainly will not be one of the lost souls, I only worry about my location. Being in NJ worries me, many here say that the cities will not pour out into the towns all around, but there are a lot of cities here. Too many people. Once the city people realize help and food isnt coming, they will be looting and robbing all the towns around to survive. I need more ammo or a safe place to move to out of this state.
Ive lived here my whole life and am very afraid of leaving an area, i know best. I could go out to another state and not know the terrain, the soil, the neighbors, the layout of escape routes in my new neighborhood. Here I know everything around me. Going in to a blind situation to get away from people may not be the wise choice. At this point in time, I can't afford to leave everything behind and give up my job, leave where my family and friends are. And I just dont have the cash to take that chance....

·
Bushwacker
1,479 Posts
I spend a few hours each day reading, learning, educating myself about surviving on my own efforts. I agree, I look around and it's safe to say that most people are screwed. When the grocery store's closes down most people will be at a loss.
You've got the most hilarious name on the SB forums. lol

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
I wish I still had the forms the military used back in 1999..... the issue was how many people would or could possibly survive a SHTF or a worse scenario...

I remember seeing the overall tally was something like 1 of every 25 stood a better than average chance of staying alive...

·
Pedophiles will die soon!
1,184 Posts
I have been seeing dead people since my early 20's. I learned that Gods war will come most likely in my lifetime. It is depressing because they can't be educated in anything. And they walk around like nothing is going on. Sometimes I just want to shake them into being awake. But I learned years ago they will never learn and will soon die. It took me a lot of years to be ok with it. But I questioned God on every aspect of people that will die. In every scenario God gave me the answer to every question. Now I can see why this has to happen.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
I have been seeing dead people since my early 20's. I learned that Gods war will come most likely in my lifetime. It is depressing because they can't be educated in anything. And they walk around like nothing is going on. Sometimes I just want to shake them into being awake. But I learned years ago they will never learn and will soon die. It took me a lot of years to be ok with it. But I questioned God on every aspect of people that will die. In every scenario God gave me the answer to every question. Now I can see why this has to happen.
Thats why I gave up

Most are convinced the system will never fail, and if it does it won't be down for long. Others are too preoccupied with either **** that doesn't matter, or impressing others who shouldn't matter.

The part that depresses me are those who are skrewed by no fault of their own - the elderly who in most cases will be preyed upon enmasse, and the children who are born to idiot parents.

·
Pedophiles will die soon!
1,184 Posts
Thats why I gave up

Most are convinced the system will never fail, and if it does it won't be down for long. Others are too preoccupied with either **** that doesn't matter, or impressing others who shouldn't matter.

The part that depresses me are those who are skrewed by no fault of their own - the elderly who in most cases will be preyed upon enmasse, and the children who are born to idiot parents.
The children, old people, people that just never heard the message and people that are good hearted but are born with a handicap and don't have the capacity to learn are the ones I questioned God on. The answer that I go through many years of prayer is that God will find a way for these people to survive. And even if they do die the will return in the resurrection. So they will get a chance to live anyway. So it all works out so the good hearted people will be ok through it all.

I God wants these people to live he will provide the food and safety they need in one form or other.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts