Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All this information on getting into shape and taking care of yourself along with living a longer, healthier life has helped me quit smoking.

Not entirely on my own but with the help of Chantix. Has helped made quitting much easier and I have not smoked for two weeks. The problem is the drug has made my muscles and joints so sore I've quit taking the meds. By night I was so sore I could barely move.

Too many side effects for me personally, but the desire to quit smoking has helped me put up with them for a week. Hate to be dependent on anything and now I just want to be done with it all. I have smoked for 35 years or so, never more than a pack a day but it's a relief not to worry about having a pack laying around any more. Guess I just wanted to share and maybe pat myself on the back a bit.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Congratulations! Keep it up. You can do it. You will do it!

Last January I quit dipping after 20+ years of a can a day. One of the hardest things I have ever done, but well worth it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kind of rough giving something up that was a part of your life for so long, helped you through so many rough spots...just need to remember how expensive it's been to our health, thanks for the support and yes, I will do it. Thanks again

·
Registered
571 Posts
Soon you'll look back and be amazed that you ever had such a nasty habit. I still wonder what the hell I was thinking when I was smoking. Good job and I sincerely hope you keep quit.

·
HANDY MAN
1,472 Posts
Good for you man. Just keep in mind that its a marathon and not a sprint. Take it one day at a time but keep the future in mind. Good luck.

·
Mourning Wolf
248 Posts
Great Job! I used to smoke 12 years ago; but after almost rolling my jeep down an embankment into a river while struggling to light a smoke on my nightly drive home from work, I quit the same night.

It's tough, but you can do it if you keep trying. In the end the extra money (especially these days with $50 a carton, back in the day they were $14) you'll find your survival prepping is a lot easier.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Congrats!!!! I also used Chantix, and had some bad side affects, although different from yours. But I pulled through and after smoking for almost 20 years and over a pack a day, I am now smoke free for 1.5 years!! The money i have save has been amazing!

·
Banned
647 Posts
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

!!!!!!!!!Congratulations!!!!!!!!

My aunt has finally after 30 yrs (IIRC) also been able to quit. It was soo hard, and she tried Everything, but in the end, she made it. She just had to truly decide that was what she really wanted to do.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: To everyone here who has quit. More money and better health for you :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for all your support folks, it truly shows what a good bunch you all are and why I think this is one of the best sites there is.

As my kid would say, you all rock. And congratulations back at all of you who've had success.

Just a side note to anyone else considering using Chantix, please research it more deeply than I did and be careful. An awful lot of people are having major issues with it, others don't. My goal was to use it long enough to get past the hardest part and then one day at a time of being a non smoker. Thanks again for the support.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Congrats :D::thumb::D::thumb::D::thumb::D::thumb: It is hard but you keep it up!!

Tbull:cool:

·
Banned
326 Posts
Congrats holmes...I've been off the cigs cold turkey for 2 months so I guess it's time to get my lard arse out and loose the plump.

·
Zomby Woof
14,246 Posts
32 years of smokes before I quit. Now I have tons of cash for ammo!
Just think, a 34.00 carton of smokes per week equates to plenty of range time.

·
One decade later...
221 Posts
That truly is great, I quit smoking marijuana about a month and a few weeks

ago. I fortunately only have been smoking it for about a month or two though,

so it wasn't nearly as difficult as what you are going through. You can do it,

just don't think about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts