Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, today I was digging through my "Magic Gunshow Box" (like the mother's magic bag in Swiss family Robinson) looking for some parts.

Wow.

I need to get some boxes to put in the box. (Can't spend a lot of time organizing during a show...) So slings, parts, mags, ammo, and holsters all get tossed in.

I found all kinds of good stuff. BUIS, mags, AR hinge, holsters...

It's one of those yellow lid 27 gal tough totes from home depo.
(Very durable, everyone uses them.)

I'll stop by HD and look for some boxes that fit it I guess.

Then back here, I'm collecting milk crates currently.

Soon (couple months) I'll have some space dedicated, and I want to put in some dedicated bins of some kind.

Right now I'm writing on a piece of paper what holsters are for and sticking it rolled up in the holster.

Buddy is collecting some HD zip lock type bags they use for parts at his work so I can label mags, holsters etc.

Open to ideas. some holsters and such go back into the table, lots get kept.

I use fishing tackle boxes and those clear separated boxes for small gun parts.

10 gal totes for rifle mags (18 get heavy)
Ammo cans for pistol mags (90 Glock 19 mags will fit in a .30 can)
-need something for 2 of these, and 3 of those....

Please discuss.;)

·
Business Owner
2,346 Posts
I use those 27 Gal black totes with yellow lids a lot. They are the best thing I have found. Flip top totes and snap lid totes like you get at Walmart and Target fail when stacked. I get the 27 gal totes from Costco or OfficeMax. They are Greenlee brand. Very similar to the HDX totes from Home Depot but the lids aren't interchangeable.

I use them to store business inventory that I lease out every year. I do Christmas lights. A 27 gal tote will hold Christmas light sets with about 600 C9 big bulbs, but they get hella heavy! I have 8 totes in use, with a newly added 12 additional empty I built a storage building for all my business inventory with purpose-built storage space. I have a grid to store the 20 totes in so you can pull any tote without having to unstack.

Around the first of January, Costco, OfficeMax and Home Depot all have sales on those totes.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I use to use nail/hardware organizers to hold small gun parts I sold until I expanded to big and had to get bigger containers. Here is a version of what I use. They come in multiple sizes and lock together. https://www.menards.com/main/tools/...rganizer/stst14027/p-1444425551921-c-9189.htm

I like these better than fishing tackle trays because these are deeper and more adjustable.

Then I upraded to 5-6 quart clear bins. I like the one with locking latches for the lids so the contents are less likley to spill when traveling. Its worth the extra 50 cents a bin. I decided that after dumping 3 bins full of hundreds of small mauser parts.

https://www.menards.com/main/storag...lear-storage-bin/17511712/p-1444444111982.htm

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Tray bins like those menards ones Eagle Scout Survivor linked to for small parts & small accessories. Super convenient & easy to organize.

Stacking storage bins for larger more frequent used stuff.

Small to medium labeled cardboard boxes for the rest.

On wire shelving for easy access.

I don’t do shows. If I did, likely the easiest would be clear storage boxes instead of stacking bins & the cardboard boxes. Sized as need be.

Shux... clear boxes would be a great idea, even not doing shows. But bins/boxes has worked ok so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts