Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals..

I am looking to purchase some army surplus items.. in bulk, from auction.

These auctions are held at military bases across the United States.. so basically, if you live near a army base, I could use your help.

When and if I win an auction, I will have 72 hours to pick up the merchandise.. sometimes, in case of vehicles for example.. sometimes people are allowed to inspect the lots before actual bidding begins..

I am looking for people who would be able to help me out. If need be to go and inspect the items and report to me their condition before bidding begins, and mostly to be able to go to the base, and pick up any of the lots I might win at auction..

I live in Nebraska.. I won't be able to pick up items in say North Carolina or Ohio I would need people in different locations who would be willing to pick up said items, and then help me ship them to Nebraska...

I am by no means asking people just to do this for me with no compensation... I will also pay expenses to the people who are doing the leg work that I am not able to do.. Cash always talks, but also consider that If I pick up a lot of BDU;s then I would be willing to defer some of my cost by giving you a couple sets of BDUS, or If I get a lot of alice packs.. then by all means.. help yourself to a alice pack.. of course all shipping expenses will be covered by me... I am just saying if you would want some gear instead for your leg work, then I am open to that..

I am proposing this here because I know we can never have enough gear, or barter items.. and If you are willing to scratch my back, then I will scratch yours... I am not looking to sell items on here or make any money from this site... YET.. I will talk to Kev about becoming a supporting member if this all pans out.. right now I am just trying to recruit some help..

Thanks for your time.. feel free to PM or email me..

[email protected]

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
well madmike i'm in iowa next to omaha so i don't think i would be any help to you unless you need someone to check out items at offutt AFB then i could help Pm me if you have any questions

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm two hours from fort benning ga. and 4 hours from stewart. As well as AFBs. I am willing to go to as far north as NC.

·
Banned
326 Posts
Got the Naval Weapons Station right down the road and Charleston AFB in town. Paris Island and Beaufort MCAS are close as well as Fort Jackson and Shaw AFB.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Im about 2 or 3 hours from Ft Bragg, Camp Lejeune is about 2 hours farther I would guess, plus there are a few bases in SC about the same distance.

I am interested.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
Im about 2-3 hours from brag:confused: And same for the camp.

My dad is retired navy near st. marys and nas.

Will help if I can.

Thats a littel odd there country:xeye::taped:

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Im available

Based outside pittsburgh, near the border with ohio, between pittsburgh,pa and uniontown,pa
about 1-1.5 hr from all three borders (ohio,md,wva)
about 3.5hrs from ft.indiantown gap, pa
2.5 hrs from litterkenny depot
have close contacts/ family in norfolk,va/grauten,ct(usnav)

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
I am 45 minutes form Ft. Stewart. We have alot of friends stationed there. We have cook-outs and campouts quite regularly that are attended by different people. Give the troops something to do on weekends and holidays mainly even if its only to kick back and watch some games (go dawgs). In return, we get alot of useful gifts. I would highly recommend that you befriend a soldier. Don't use them, befriend them!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! I am very happy to see all the replies!! Looks like Im going to be busy this afternoon adding to my friends list, and keeping track of where you are all located!

Thank you all very much!

lol.. it also looks like I might have put a few of you in touch as well. it's cool to find out that you have a fellow forum member in the "neighborhood"

Thanks again..

-MadMike

·
OO look Pretty Lights!!!!
48 Posts
I am about two hours form Barksdale AFB and 3 hours form Fort Hood. I have a friend that is stationed at Fort Bragg. I am interested pm if I can help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i am in vegas but generally the auctions have very little in the way of good stuff coming out of nellis. reno usually has massive amounts of computer stuff at the auctions though.

http://www.govliquidation.com/

sometimes you can pick up lots like this
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=1906221
fired brass for around the raw material cost sometimes. and alot of the time they dont require you to mutilate it so you can reload it. just dont plan on reloading with one of the 60k pound lots of fired brass........

my problem is none of the good stuff tends to be close to me...

·
Troll toll
21 Posts
I'm one hour from Fort Drum. I would be willing to head up there. If you're looking at governmentliquidation.com I live close to 2 of the sites where they have auctions.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts