Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently setting up a small solar off-grid system. I'm good-to-go on the panels, charge controllers, batteries and inverter (I hope) - but I'm going to run as many 12 volt appliances that I can. The problem is, I have no "gadget" that will shut off the current when the battery discharges to under 12 volts. (it's my understanding that 12 volts is about half-discharge for deep-cycles).

I'm running the inverter for a few 120 volt things, but it has a shut-off for low voltage - my 12 volt items don't have this protection. I'm sure there's some kind of device that I can use -that hopefully doesn't cost a lot- to do this.

·
Closed for the Season.
15,784 Posts
I did a little Google search and I noticed this site has a discharge protector for lead acid batteries. I do not have any idea of its reliability or if there are better ones out there though i did see several companies advertising automotive style batteries with built in protection.

BTW, Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Something to keep in mine if I ever do a setup.

·
Banned
4,069 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts