Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
9,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It won't be until I graduate in 2 years.

My question is:
If I want to find land out there what is the best way to do so?

I am looking to get familure to prices so that I know what to exspect. My goal is to buy like 10 acres and put a trailor on it. The my wife and I will live off one income and use the other to pay everything off in a couple years. Then we want to build.

The problem is I'm not sure whats the best approach to purchasing land. Should I look at their county auidtors website?

·
My powder's dry,is yours?
556 Posts
Drive around and look at the area's and see where you think you might want to set up shop at.Make sure water is easy and go from there.Look for Sale By Owner.In this economy you should be able to get a great deal.That is how I got our place.

·
Custom User Title too sho
400 Posts
How much do you like rain?

I ask because, having grown up near there, you hear of some folks that move to the area axe murder their entire family.

I'm kidding of course. What I'm trying to say is that it really is not for everyone.

That said, it is gorgeous. For most areas near there, you should have no problems finding water. If anything, you may have too much of it.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I was coming in to ask Maine or Oregon.

If given the choice between actually in Portland or across the river in WA, I'd choose Washington.

If it's Oregon, PM me, and maybe I can answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
Oregon? really?

my condolences

·
Survivor, so far
42,367 Posts
What are the taxes like ? How high are property taxes, sales tax and is
it true that there are state and county income taxes ?

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,788 Posts
I am in Maine, I have friends in Portland. They really like it. A small city that offers all of the things that city folk like.

If you get out of Portland, and hopefully North a bit, land prices drop a lot and taxes drop a lot too.

Lots of organic farms :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts