Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
( I just posted this on my other favorite forum, but you guys seem to have a better handle on the state of things than many of them do, so I'll run this by over here, too.)

"And I'm wondering if around here that makes me an exploitive parasite,a traitor to the cause and a chicken-$h!t coward, OR prudent,wise,and practical.
Here's the deal, I really feel there's a great chance that Obama Bin Biden will
"hit the ground running", and use the executive order to halt the importation of foreign ammo,guns,kits,etc. Then quicker than anyone anticipated, the Dems may drop a new AW bill on his desk, this time without a sunset or grandfather clause, and he'll do what he thinks he was elected to do, and sign the damned thing.
Maybe it'll get tied up in court, maybe I'm wrong, maybe,maybe ,maybe.
Bottom line......a storm is coming. Or so I think.
But, I figure I can't lose,because if I'm wrong, the never-materializing threat and the plunging economy will put these things back on the market cheaper than they are now.
Anyway, I liquidated a Romy G at a gunshow few weeks ago, got $200 more than I had in it, and went and bought that stainless Ruger GP100 .357 I've been threatening to get for years. woo hoo !
Now I've decided to let more go. I have a mint condition,low-miles,Colt car-15 that I bought when I was a young sprout stationed at Camp Pendleton 25 years ago,:eek: and a Century Yugo underfolder that I got last year, just for the hell of it.
I have a freind ( good freind of my brothers,really) that wants the AR, and is about to kick down the $2000 I'm asking. Before you gasp, I'm tossing in about 300 rounds of Lake City ammo, a $60 tactical sling, 4 mags with pouch, plus assorted add-ons, and it has the original owners manual and receipt. And, a plus for him, it'll be off the books.
The Yugo is also going to a freind of a freind, who just lowballed me down to $800, that's including 3 mags, and 5 boxes of golden tiger, plus the teak foregrips I chased down to replace the original polymers.I think he's getting a deal.
Now keep in mind, I've retained toys enough to repel a sizable horde of zombies, and I'll bury 'em on the powerlines, if I gotta. But I really don't think I need 5 AKs and two AR's and who knows what else:D: if the gubment decides to make us all felons someday soon. Considering the state of things, and the likely direction, politically and economically,I'd rather put the money in food and silver. But that's me."

·
Registered
233 Posts
Why not keep them? They'll probably be worth even more in a year or two.
It will free up money in order to buy other things he thinks will be of benefit in the not-so-distant future. It's a good move. He has plenty of firearms, so he liquidates a few for expansion into other areas that he is currently lacking. It is true, he "might" be able to get more money for them in a few years. But he needs the money now in order to be prepared for the next few years.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
It will free up money in order to buy other things he thinks will be of benefit in the not-so-distant future. It's a good move. He has plenty of firearms, so he liquidates a few for expansion into other areas that he is currently lacking. It is true, he "might" be able to get more money for them in a few years. But he needs the money now in order to be prepared for the next few years.
the fact of the matter is the gun and ammo panic could die down.
I do believe people will get their fill eventually

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,557 Posts
I would let the AK go but keep the AR. You said you had two AR's... what if one breaks, do you have all the parts needed to fix it? Wouldn't it be nice to have the second AR to fall back on just in case?

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
(QUOTE )"You said you had two AR's... what if one breaks".

An AR would likely not be my primary go-to gun, a converted Saiga would be.And I do have a few of the most basic AR spare parts ( spring kit, pins).

(QUOTE) "the fact of the matter is the gun and ammo panic could die down."

Exactly,John. I want to capitalize on the buying frenzy while it exists, not gamble on it increasing. And as you said, they could very well go to five grand, or,as I said, they could end up on a ban list and become a huge liability.:eek:
Also, I'm not really selling to start getting preps, I'm pretty respectably prepped right now ( he casually says prior to the food riots
of '09,'10,and '11 :D:) I'm doing this mostly out of caution, and to help bolster what preps I already have.
I also agree with Royal Dragon, "In a Year or two, no one will have any money." This is much more likely than there being an abundance of people willing to pay huge bucks for an AK.

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
I think it was a wise decision. I have an AK with a few hundred rounds, my main game getter is my .22 rifle, snares, and a slingshot that I shoot ball bearings out of. The AK will only come out if things get really ugly.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
(
I also agree with Royal Dragon, "In a Year or two, no one will have any money." .
wow. Makes you wonder why anyone gets out of bed in the morning if it is such a sure thing. sheeple i guess.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You put more "felons" on your side too.
All the guns in the world don't do you any good without hands to put em in.
I had to donate to toys for tots this year.
I gave em Nerf Guns!

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
No, this panic buying is probably not going to subside.
And you're correct that Mr. O will hit the ground running.
But there there cannot be outright bans on stuff previously owned.
There is a little thing called "expost-facto" (before the fact).
If this is violated, then SHTF and it does not matter when you owned it.

If they go on a spree, it will start off somthing like this and he won't even need a bill passed by congress--he'll do it with executive orders...

Bans on imported ammo (of military calibers--maybe all).
Bans on imported parts kits, parts of military style rifles.
Bans on imported relics (K98's, Mossin's, etc.)
Bans on imported military surplus equipment (everything).
Bans on US military surplus being sold off to civilians (down to the ammo cans).

If he does this, you will know they are meaning business.
But if he comes out and proposes legislation that will take away military style weapons of any kind--then people will start getting mad and start strapping up.

I see no cooincidence with these concerns and the impending economic implosion.
I want you to take a look at this link....

http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2008/12/15/daily34.html

Please tell me that they don't already know what is going to happen.

I would have kept my equipment--it would have come in handy.

My 2 cents worth.

T

·
I am whatever I say I am
1,308 Posts
Good thinking MIL-DOT. Profit from the frenzy while it is on. As far as guns go, sell the military-style stuff and get something less annoying to the gov, like a hunting rifle or a shotgun.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Couldn't agree,more TAKEZO. And I already pasted and e-mailed that Buisness Jounal link from your other post !! Scary stuff, for sure. As you said earlier, the fix is in.
Just one thing I'm less confident than you about, it's the people "strapping up" should they attempt an outright ban on AW's. California took it lying down ( maybe that was a poor choice of words LOL !! ) . I still think it's coming, I just hope it's not this year or the next.:thumb:

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
I just hope it's not this year or the next.

It will come next year--as the economic chaos begins to unfold.
It may even come as a series of executive orders and not from congress.
They will do it to uphold national security. The NRA will fold and appear to put up a good fight--and in the end they will advise their membership to cooperate peacefully with the new laws, "since it is the law now."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts