Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ex-liberal :)
395 Posts
That is an awesome video and i wish I could thank you more than once! However, coming from my paranoid mind, I say that video is a perfect way for that guy to tell the government how many, and what types of guns he has.

·
Passed away March 22, 2011
1,298 Posts
That is an awesome video and i wish I could thank you more than once! However, coming from my paranoid mind, I say that video is a perfect way for that guy to tell the government how many, and what types of guns he has.
They know already, his gun showy bits were filmed in here in Aus.

·
Ringin Your Gong From 600
7,683 Posts
After reading his site, seems like he may have done the 'good' shooting in Cambodia and such (not with his own guns either). :)

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,679 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm liking the track "I'll give up my gun"

Being country, it just means you don't have to translate the lyrics to understand them. :)

·
1,298 Posts
How does he have those in Australia ? I thought all guns were outlawed ?
No that's a misconception, you just have to jump through a lot of bureaucratic hoops as well as have the appropriate licence and reason for owning them.

·
Registered
673 Posts
No that's a misconception, you just have to jump through a lot of bureaucratic hoops as well as have the appropriate licence and reason for owning them.
So you are saying it is about as hard to have a bolt action rifle down there as it is to have a machine gun in the US ?

·
1,298 Posts
So you are saying it is about as hard to have a bolt action rifle down there as it is to have a machine gun in the US ?
Here in New South Wales, generally you can't get an appropriate shooters licence unless you are a member of a officially sanctioned appropriate shooting club, eg. pistol licence for a pistol club, rimfire rifle licence for a rimfire rifle club.

You can have combined licences as long as you are a member of those appropriate clubs, luckily there are clubs here, that cater to all types of firearms.

You can only own firearms pertinent to your licence type.

Firearm licences come up for renewal every 5 years.

You have to get a firearms acquisition permit before buying a firearm.

You can only buy and sell firearms through licensed gun dealers.

All firearms including air rifles are registered.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts