Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Preparing...
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading many posts on this forum about keeping a stockpile of food and water, i totally agreed and decided to buy some food and keep a store of tap water or bottled water. However you know what it's like you keep putting it off to do another day.

However just a little while ago i turned on our tap and almost no water came out this is because the pipes have frozen and so the company has come out to fix it. So we get no warning from the company, or any solution as to how to get water. (if i had a warning i could have reacted before hand)

So i am standing there in the kitchen really thirsty and hungry but with no way to drink or cook food, and as it is christmas we don't have any bottles of water for school lunches left.

So although this isn't some huge disaster, i needed water and there was none around. Now isn't that the exact reason you prep?

I guess i had better go out and buy some big old bottles of water and start off my preps with no more excuses.

I had to learn my lesson the hard way. lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
Bummer, but you should have tried to find water without going to the store to see how hard it is in your area should the need arise! Dont forget toilets have lots in the bowl and tank!

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
"I had to learn my lesson the hard way. lol"

be happy. Some people don't survive to learn that lesson.

Reactions: Theguy

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Sometimes I think people get wake up calls through out life but make the conscious decision to ignore them once the mini crisis is over. And then life goes back to 'normal'. It's the back to normal part that messes them up.

I'm very glad for you that your crisis helped you to discover what you were lacking in your preps.

We prep for the little crisis's as well as the big ones.

·
Iēsous
8,791 Posts
I have been reading many posts on this forum about keeping a stockpile of food and water, i totally agreed and decided to buy some food and keep a store of tap water or bottled water. However you know what it's like you keep putting it off to do another day.

However just a little while ago i turned on our tap and almost no water came out this is because the pipes have frozen and so the company has come out to fix it. So we get no warning from the company, or any solution as to how to get water. (if i had a warning i could have reacted before hand)

So i am standing there in the kitchen really thirsty and hungry but with no way to drink or cook food, and as it is christmas we don't have any bottles of water for school lunches left.

So although this isn't some huge disaster, i needed water and there was none around. Now isn't that the exact reason you prep?

I guess i had better go out and buy some big old bottles of water and start off my preps with no more excuses.

I had to learn my lesson the hard way. lol
this post is to day right?

you mean new years eve correct?:)

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
At least you learn. I'm the worst procrastinator on earth. I actually went through several semi severe occasions and came out the other end, not by being prepared, but being creative (which isn't bad but nothing you should depend solely on!). I basically learned nothing. I still don't have a new flashlight (OK now that should be extremely basic) and I ate the little emergency food I had. I haven't located things that are good to have, it drowned in my storage mess. Candles and a battery radio... check on that. LOL! Was actually quite good when the power went out in the whole city and it was pitch black and I could actually get a broadcast about why this happened and how long it would last. I kind of wonder what I would have done if I had been outside. That would have been quite comical since there was no moon and no light. I navigated though darkness like that before in my life, and it's quite a surreal experience. :)

Learning through experience is not a bad deal if you actually learned like you did! And the experience is not severe enough to harm you.

I think my guardian angel is getting fed up with me....

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
Ya, water heaters have a pretty large supply of water in them. They also have a spigot at the bottom for easy water retrieval.:thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts