Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
a thorn in your side
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was 13 years old, my sisters boyfriend (adam) and I went to look at some dogs. He was interested in a pit bull, and had meet a guy who said he breed them. When we got there, there were dogs all over in cages, he was interested in one of the pits and they were talking so I went looking around at the other dogs. I went inside the peoples barn and it had a dog fighting arena there. In the corner were two cages, one with a wolf lying dead in it, and the other with 3 dead wolf pups and one that was almost dead. We called the cops, and the people were arrested. I asked one of the cops if I could have the pup and he said it was illegal, but his partner shook his head and told him just let me have it. I think he figured it would die anyway. According to the cops it was half timber wolf, and half Arctic wolf.

Well we took that pup home and babied it, and loved it, and feed it out of a bottle tell it was able to eat food. We named him Terry, and treated him like a dog, he never once gave us a problem. He has served as a great watch dog for 13 years and today he died. Its extremely hard to look at a pet, and know that this creator has loved you and guarded you, and now you must haul him off and put him in a hole and feel it up.

So many memories, and another one I cared for in life gone.....for good.:(

·
a thorn in your side
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember when he was just a pup and we kept him in our laundry room, he surprised our whole family. None of us new that wolves have the ability to dislocate their joints, and that if they could get their head through something they can get their body through. We were all sitting down for dinner, and we see his head pop under the laundry door. Then he dislocated his shoulders and little by little the rest of his body, until he was on our side of the door. We all cracked up, and I don't think any of us knew what to think.

He gave us plenty of laughs, and amusement. And at around a hundred and ten pounds he caught a lot of peoples attention, he was a genital giant indeed.

Well guys thanks for the support, this really got me down. Death is just another part of this treacherous world that I hate. It just seems to loom around me, and consume the fractured parts of this pi$$ed off soul. My grandma was like a second mom to me and raised me after my parents divorce cause my mom then had to work all the time, but she died on me. Then my aunt moved in with us and watched me, and she got cancer and died on me too. I have had 5 friends die, and now my buddy, and this is just hard

·
Registered
9,242 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. Iv had dogs for years, and I know how it feels when an oldie leaves you.

Each individual stays in your heart, it takes a while to go through the natural grieving process but you soon begin to smile when you remember their antics. My last was an oldie I only had for two years after we rescued him and his brother, but I would never have been without him. He truely was a fur angel.

You might want to look up the Rainbow Bridge, its where the animals go when they die, to wait for you.

I would wait and while, and if you wish, visit your local dog rescue and see if there is another fur angel who needs to teach you about love.

·
Confused,but not Lost
1,088 Posts
> Dogs Prayer
>
> Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more
> grateful than the loving heart of me. Do not break my spirit with a stick,
> for although I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and
> understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.
> Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must
> know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps fall upon my
> waiting ear. When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a
> domesticated animal, no longer used to the bitter elements. And I ask no
> greater glory, than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the warm
> hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and
> snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in the land, for
> you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper. Keep my pan filled with
> fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot
> tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food so that I may stay well
> to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready,
> willing, and able to protect you with my life; should your life be in
> danger. And beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me
> of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather, hold me in
> your arms, as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and
> I will leave you knowing, with the last breath I draw, my life was ever in
> your hands.

·
Sorry About Your Feelings
20,837 Posts
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain

Sorry to hear about your loss.
I've lost more than one beloved dog in my life.

·
a thorn in your side
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thank you all for your posts, It really got me down yesterday, and I was also thinking of other losses. I have always been a bit of a softy, and I get pi$$ed and a bit emotional when something like this happens. I know its just part of life and I will move on, I just hate losing him.

Why did you call the police on the dog guy? And what ever happened to the breeder, were they charged with animal cruelty or running an illegal operation?
The dog guy was turned out to be running a dog fighting ring...he wasn't just breeding dogs. I don't fully know what consequences he received for his actions, I was only 13 at the time and the thing that I focused on was my new pup.

If you have any pictures could you please post them so we can remember his life and perhaps learn something more about wolves at the same time?
Im not quite sure how to post them on here, I think you might have to be a full member or something. I tried before to upload pictures of my retreat, but it didn't work.

Well once again thank you

·
a thorn in your side
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am against animal fighting as I think its cruel but there are people who do it and think its fine. Truly sad but I cannot judge them

Death is just part of life but it sucks.
why can't you judge them when they are making innocent animals fight? (sometimes even to the death)

I believe in helping out others without fear of the consequences, and I have helped many. If you were in trouble I wouldn't even think twice I'd do what ever I could, and I don't even know you. How much more innocent are creators than humans? We all have power over their lives and ,with great power comes great responsibility, it is our job to protect the weak, the meek, the innocent and the upright, not to oppose them in self diluted thoughts of granger, or to exploit them for profit. I personally extend this even to animals.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.