Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/11/ariz-jogger-run.html

An Arizona jogger ran a mile with a rabid fox clamped to her arm and then drove herself to a hospital, local news outlets report.

The unidentified runner told Yavapai County Sheriff's deputies she was on a trail near Prescott on Monday when the animal attacked her foot. She grabbed the fox by the neck but it bit her arm and clamped down. Wanting the animal tested for rabies, she ran a mile back to her car, pried the fox loose, wrapped in a sweatshirt and tossed it into her truck before driving to a hospital.

The fox bit an animal-control officer removing it from the trunk. The animal tested positive for rabies.

The jogger and the officer are receiving a series of vaccinations.

There's more from the sheriff and KPHO-TV in Phoenix.

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
lol. That's actually pretty funny. Sucks for them but imagine the stories they'll be able to tell their kids and grandkids.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Someone will probably end up suing her for violating the foxes rights or cruelty to
animals. Cute story though.
Yeah, I am sure that PETA will be picketing her residence saying she was cruel for prying it loose from her arm.....:D:

·
Pilot
171 Posts
Happens a lot in AZ, earlier this spring a lady jogging with 2 large dogs was chased by a rabid coyote. Near Flagstaff last year a 10 year old boy was attacked by a rabid mountain lion in his driveway, and other young child by Bartlett Lake near Phoenix within 20 feet of his parents (both cats were shot). The disease seems to make the animals fearless and extremely aggressive. I take my friends S&W or G-19 with me when I go out for this reason....

·
"Fast Mover"
236 Posts
that lady has ballls, I like her.

You like women with balls???? kind of a weird fetish....lol

:upsidedown:

Pointblank

1 - 14 of 14 Posts