Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planing on attending the Tea Party in Dallas this Wednesday. I even had the slogan for my sign ready:

Not MY President!
Not MY Debt!

Last night when I advised my wife that I would not be home this Wed. evening because of the rally, she reminded me that since I have just initiated legal action against my exwife regarding our business, that it would not be advisable to attend the rally.

When I asked her why, she so kindly pointed out that we would likely be going before the same Judge that presided over our divorce and that he is a well known radical liberal with a history of legislating from the bench who did not rule in my favor to say the least.

She went on to say that if anything at all went wrong at the rally/protest and the ex found out about it or if I was somehow captured by the media or even possibly arrested, that it would be used against me to portray me as some kind of radical nutjob and would kill the legal action against her.

Grrrrrrr. I really want to go to this, but the better-sense side of me tells me that she is right on the money no matter how much the bravado side of me want to scream and shout towards the imbeciles in government.

Yet part of me still feels woman-whooped.... Grrrrrr.

Thoughts?

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
No Guts No Glory

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
Ifn ya cant go Ill carry an extra sign fer ya.

Reactions: Highlander

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
I irks me that I can't go to Atlanta's Tea Party this Wednesday. I had planned to go, but I have a corporate video job that day that suddenly came up so Im gonna take the money and run.

Sorry guys, need more dinero for preps. I'll definitely be with you in spirit though. Hopefully another tea party opportunity will come up later in the year.

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,428 Posts
If a man is standing alone in the forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong? :xeye:

Highlander,

Is there another party in the next town or county over?

·
Tough Chick
2,981 Posts
Our tea party is in the middle of the day and I can't get off work to go, unfortunately. Maybe you could offer to make signs for the next one or something?

·
RH-O Negative
5,647 Posts
I was planing on attending the Tea Party in Dallas this Wednesday. I even had the slogan for my sign ready:

Not MY President!
Not MY Debt!

Last night when I advised my wife that I would not be home this Wed. evening because of the rally, she reminded me that since I have just initiated legal action against my exwife regarding our business, that it would not be advisable to attend the rally.

When I asked her why, she so kindly pointed out that we would likely be going before the same Judge that presided over our divorce and that he is a well known radical liberal with a history of legislating from the bench who did not rule in my favor to say the least.

She went on to say that if anything at all went wrong at the rally/protest and the ex found out about it or if I was somehow captured by the media or even possibly arrested, that it would be used against me to portray me as some kind of radical nutjob and would kill the legal action against her.

Grrrrrrr. I really want to go to this, but the better-sense side of me tells me that she is right on the money no matter how much the bravado side of me want to scream and shout towards the imbeciles in government.

Yet part of me still feels woman-whooped.... Grrrrrr.

Thoughts?

Come on over to the Tea Party at Rockwall Court House at 6:00 pm.

·
RH-O Negative
5,647 Posts
If a man is standing alone in the forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong? :xeye:

Highlander,

Is there another party in the next town or county over?
Yes, Rockwall, Texas at the courthouse at 6 pm. I will be there.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the invite MS, but I think that the principle is still the same. IF something went askew and I got dragged into it or was somehow associated with it, the results could be less than favorable.

I will just have to sit idle----for now.

·
I'd rather be Jeeping...
762 Posts
Not me, I love it when my wife is right. She's a pretty smart ole gal and I love to see the gears whirring in her head, circuit boards blazing. Gives me joy.

We'll be at the downtown Houston tea party, my daughter will be the one in Hunstville, TX, which she organized.

~JohnP

1 - 20 of 28 Posts