Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shot a SWD years ago, winding em up aint bad, but the double step trigger, ist click to index, 2nd click to fire was a lil bit off putting, plus, 2 3/4 only, 3 would lock the action on firing. open barrel, no pattern to speak of. I jus like the 45/70 get a set of em and hang em off a double UZI shoulder rig. talk about yer hand field artillery piece......

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I had one ( Sweeper ), bought it brand new, kept it about a month I think tops.

Man, with buck could you ever lay waste to just about anything, then you were going to die, because it took probably 3 minutes to reload............. I wouldn't say it was the worst thing I ever bought, but it was in at least the top ten.

·
statists' be statin'
3,441 Posts
Cobray/Leinad still makes some very strange and ugly guns. But I've always liked this one. 45lc/.410 double barrel handgun. Closeup it looks like it was made of spare parts by a high school metal shop. The barrel rifling must have been done with a cold chisel and hammer. But the concept is sweet. I'd buy one if it a more quality focused company made one.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I can't believe the ATF actually considers the Street Sweeper to be a destructive device.
That's because you never saw what it was capable of.

Like I said, I would never, ever want to try and field it in real combat, but if all I needed was the mag full, it was unbeatable. I think I could unload it in under 3 seconds.

I am not sure just how fast the Saiga can cycle, it would probably be far more effective.

·
Start up the rotors
7,663 Posts
That in 45/70 would not be a ladies gun...
I imagine most men wouldn't enjoy shooting it. I love my 45/70, but it's a full size lever gun with a 22' barrel. It thumps, but is fun to shoot.

Reactions: doczeus

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have 4, lever gun, ruger #1, H&R and the contender. allways loved the round.

street sweeper was designed for 1 thing. clear a path. thing was you only had 12 rounds to do it. after that a slow reload.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I have 4, lever gun, ruger #1, H&R and the contender. allways loved the round.

street sweeper was designed for 1 thing. clear a path. thing was you only had 12 rounds to do it. after that a slow reload.
I wish video was as prevalent back then as it is now. We would have taken some footage laying waste to Ford LTD's and Chevy Caprices and put it on Youtube........ Yea, I was one of them young and dumb types. I also wish Tannerite was around back then, we could have had so much more fun just before my buddy's dad had the crushers in........:thumb:

What it did to a car was incredible.

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it woulda been fun, But if tannerite

I wish video was as prevalent back then as it is now. We would have taken some footage laying waste to Ford LTD's and Chevy Caprices and put it on Youtube........ Yea, I was one of them young and dumb types. I also wish Tannerite was around back then, we could have had so much more fun just before my buddy's dad had the crushers in........:thumb:

What it did to a car was incredible.
was around in my younger years, I dont know if i woulda survived it...:D: ahh tha young and dumb days. But it is nice to think about what we coulda got into.......:thumb::thumb::thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.