Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Savage intellectual
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I got my 03 Curio and Relic FFL license this week. It was followed by these books of regulations, but short version is I can buy older guns directly from importers.

The license was $30 for 3 years. Will pay for itself on the first gun.

So now I can become poor buying cheap guns. Anybody else an FFL holder?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Cool, now make copies of your license and then sign each copy and send them to Aim, Numrich,Centerfire Systems, SOG, Century, Samco, etc...It's cool to own and shoot these neat old rifles. Be ready to use lots of that purple degreaser from walmart on them-lots of cosmoline when they arrive. And, you might consider reloading if you don't already. I use Lee products almost exclusively. You can begin reloading with less than 100.00 initial cost including caliber specific stuff like dies, shellholder, etc..There are more expensive reloaders out there, but I've never had bud luck with Lee-saving money was the intent anyway. I reload for 6.5 Carcano, 7.5 French,7.5 Swiss, 7mm Mauser, 8mm Mauser, 303 Brit,7.62r,and a few pistol calibers. Fun stuff. Oh, and if you shoot corrosive ammo, use Windex on them when cleaning to remove the corrosive salts which are left. Then clean with the regular stuff.

·
Accuracy is Final
507 Posts
Into my 4th year as a C&R holder. Best investment I made. Some pretty good deals on firearms out there. Check out GunBroker.com and click on the C&R section.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The discount from Midway on my first bullet purchase was $50, so that alone paid for my C&R. I just bought a Leupold scope and saved $150 off of there regular price for the recce I am building. It makes Christmas and my birthday easy, as I just make my wife pay for the rifle I want online with her credit card in order to get myself a new (old) rifle. There is just something about those old rifles with a real wood stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts