Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran to the bank today to cash my paycheck as we needed the money ASAP. So, I go to morgan chase, which is where my company has it's payroll drawn. They asked for 2 forms of ID (it was only one form of ID not too long ago). Fair enough. I produce my NY driver's license and my NY CCW permit which has my picture and my fingerprints right on it.

Not good enough! They want me to give them my finger print on the check. WTF? I asked the teller why they would need that. She says it's because you don't have an account here. "So? How does that entitle you to my finger prints"? She says, "Thank the terrorists". Well ...

I lost it. "The terrorists"? WTH are you talking about? That happened 7 years ago and you just started doing this now" They told me I could open an account with them and then they wouldn't need my prints. As I stood there digesting what was occurring, the teller says, "If you don't have anything to hide, then you shouldn't mind". I think I stared at her for about 10 seconds trying to decide if I should allow my thoughts to turn into words ... "GFY, do you really have your head so far up your a$$ that you can't understand why a non-criminal would have a problem with this? Give me my check back, I won't do business with a company like this".

So, I went to my bank and asked if they do the same thing. They said yes and that they charge $6.00 for it too. They charge $6.00 to tell you who you are! What good is a driver's license and a CCW pistol permit as ID if they still require finger prints?

·
Registered
207 Posts
You should try the bank I cash my payroll check at lol... I drive up sign my check toss it in the tube and it gets cashed no id no nothing in the drive up window :) I dont have an account eather

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Paranoia breeds stupidity. There are those in this world that think taking something simple and complicating it will make them safer. They usually work in the government or corporate sector because the real world would chew them up and spit them out.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
These are the people who will go along with the system no matter what. Same as brainwashed cops and contractors who will blindly follow orders.

Reactions: Sweeper

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
"Thank the terrorists"

BS. That is just a dodge by the teller who didn't feel like explaining the real reason, or she didn't know WTF she was talking about. Many banks (BoA and USBank I know for sure) have been requiring a thumbprint on a check cashed by a non account holder dating back to the early 90s.

The real reason is to cover the bank's ass because the tellers don't have brains enough to spot a bogus ID.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Has anyone tried using a credit card to purchase anything online? McAfee kicked me to a bank website to confirm my CC. I canceled the order after calling first (India I think) to tell them I would use a different product.

·
tinfoil bandana
1,164 Posts
"Thank the terrorists"

BS. That is just a dodge by the teller who didn't feel like explaining the real reason, or she didn't know WTF she was talking about. Many banks (BoA and USBank I know for sure) have been requiring a thumbprint on a check cashed by a non account holder dating back to the early 90s.

The real reason is to cover the bank's ass because the tellers don't have brains enough to spot a bogus ID.
Right on the head.

My wife's account was raided by a former roommate years ago because the teller couldn't tell the difference between a 5'5" blond and a 5'2" redhead.

·
Da BADDEST MoFo!!
518 Posts
Get this crap, in setting up the electric at the new property they want mine and my wifes Social Security Numbers.... same company i have now and have had for 10 years but now for new service they want SS#... I to blew a gasket and they put someone else on the phone after a 20 minute hold and he said it want required they just liked getting that info... think about the people who would jus give that kind of information out without question? is it any wonder there is a stolen identity every 40seconds?

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,021 Posts
This is old news. This has been the rule in Washington State since 1996 is the earliest I remember it. If you don't have an account at the bank where they can verify your SSN, then they need finger prints. They claim its a fraud prevention protocol.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
ive had to do this before. As a point I'm always sure to twist my thumb a bit- enough to blur the print beyond its legibility.

The tellers don't notice or care- reading them is not their job.

Use bureaucracy to your advantage.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
my check goes saight into my account at wells fargo bank ..but i still get ask for two forms of id at other branchs of wells fargo banks that i do not go to on a regular bases in diff cities that i work in..
the fun part when you pull out my duty id card and out of state drivers lics with bank card and have the bank teller go over to the get the driver lics book and see in my duty i d card is in the book that they have that list all froms of id cards..
then they tell me that not a form of id,,,i tell them that is was issused by the bureau of indian affiars and that is my work id and then for fun i do pull out my badge and wallet id out to show them ..and then ask them is a from of id that you will take ..you ought to see the look on them faces sometimes when they see the badge there stareing them in the face..
when i am out of town working and need to pullout more than my daily limit amount..it is hard sometimes to deal with someone that has no idea what is going on sometimes with your personal account at times like the hometown bank branch that i use all the time when i am home
my hometown bank is real easly to get things done in and out in quick time dealing with some of the banking items that has to be done at the monent

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.