Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,959 Posts
I wish subject lines were more descriptive so I don't waste my time on something because it isn't clear what it's about.

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,959 Posts
so how much time did you really waste? 20, 30 sec.
Exactly. I value my time; don't you value yours? Add up all the nondescriptive subject lines and how much time in toto does that waste?

And don't you wish that posters would actually care about others enough to signal the topic via the subject line so their time isn't wasted?

It's not just courtesy, it's common sense.

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts
Exactly. I value my time; don't you value yours? Add up all the nondescriptive subject lines and how much time in toto does that waste?

And don't you wish that posters would actually care about others enough to signal the topic via the subject line so their time isn't wasted?

It's not just courtesy, it's common sense.
of course I do. Just saying if the subject line doesn't catch your fancy why bother. and then of course if your time is that inportant w2hy post a reply?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish subject lines were more descriptive so I don't waste my time on something because it isn't clear what it's about.
Goose 3, Sorry I wasted your time. I won't do it again. I just wanted to post the link. Sorry :(

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts
Goose 3, Sorry I wasted your time. I won't do it again. I just wanted to post the link. Sorry :(
dont say youre sorry . goose 3 can pick and choose what he wants to read and you can start a thread if you want. Having said that it wqould help a little if you could be a little clearer in your title. this happens alot. don't worry its not like you will get sent to time out or something:D:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dont say youre sorry . goose 3 can pick and choose what he wants to read and you can start a thread if you want. Having said that it wqould help a little if you could be a little clearer in your title. this happens alot. don't worry its not like you will get sent to time out or something:D:
I havent had a time out in 38 years! But I sure felt like a child being scolded.

Thanks for looking out for me! :D:

·
Being Prepared
311 Posts
Cmon you guys,

This forum is for preparation, not repeating news and speculation. We all know where to go to get that stuff. Stick to the topic.

And I have to agree, if a poster is just trying to trick someone into reading what he thinks is important, the maybe "get a life an turn off the computer" comment is in order.

My time is valuable as well.

sheesh.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Big footDriver, I really thought it was important, the link itself tells you its weather related. I'm not some troll just posting needless junk.

·
Banned
19,284 Posts
How much time did you waste arguing about how much time you wasted?

LOL!!!! Government employee maybe???:D:

Cmon you guys,

This forum is for preparation, not repeating news and speculation. We all know where to go to get that stuff. Stick to the topic.

And I have to agree, if a poster is just trying to trick someone into reading what he thinks is important, the maybe "get a life an turn off the computer" comment is in order.

My time is valuable as well.

sheesh.

Then why do people post a couple of hundred links a day???:xeye: Don't they know we could find that ourselves????:headshake::headshake::rofl::rofl:
I think current weather patterns are definitely pertinent to "Disaster preparedness".

BTW ,this link ;http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/new...cked-and-l.asp, has ACCUWEATHER in the title. I guessed it was about weather and was not surprised to see I was right!!!! :thumb:

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,850 Posts
Geesh guys. Uptight much? The economy got everyone twisted up so much that they can't read something and not get upset when it doesn't pertain directly to them?

If your time is worth so much that you can't take 20 to 30 seconds and read something that you don't deem important then maybe your time is better spent doing something besides sitting on the internet.

Thanks for the info OP.

·
Survival Actual
4,684 Posts
Big footDriver, I really thought it was important, the link itself tells you its weather related. I'm not some troll just posting needless junk.
I think it's important and i thank you for your post.
I take hurricanes very seriously being that ive already had my butt whooped by one.

To preview a post without clicking on it, hover your mouse over the thread link and you can get a sneak preview to see if it's something you want to read or not. I knew this thread was about hurricanes before clicking on it.

·
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
432 Posts

·
Banned
19,284 Posts
Well it shows the steering currents taking stuff away from the E. coast.:)

Enough of this for a while. I need to reassemble my Mosin...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts